Author Topic: White House: Trump willing to 'improve the federal background check system' for gun purchases  (Read 1546 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The highest murder rates in California are Salinas and San Bernardino (perhaps Hispanics) and Oakland (blacks).

Here is a list of the top 30 cities in the country, ranked by murder rate (demographics should be obvious):

(Lost Angeles not on list.)

http://bismarcktribune.com/news/national/the-cities-with-the-highest-murder-rates-in-the-us/collection_5a789407-4d43-5403-ad56-7c47880bda8e.html#31

Those are murder rates.  The meme I've seen going around is about total murders, and it was New Orleans, Washington DC, Chicago and some other city.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

We were told that the reason the Bush administration created the Department of Homeland Security was so that all these local, county, state and Federal alphabet agencies could all have real-time  access to the same data.

What happened to that?

Excellent point!   888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Those are murder rates.  The meme I've seen going around is about total murders, and it was New Orleans, Washington DC, Chicago and some other city.
Some stats for total murder by city, here.

https://www.citylab.com/equity/2017/12/telling-the-truth-about-crime-in-americas-cities/548930/
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Suppressed

A few years ago, I heard that police, when called for "domestic violence," were REQUIRED TO ARREST ONE PARTY.
@truth_seeker

That is true in some places, though it has been shown to be a horrible policy, as it causes parties to become even more violent when they realize there's no way to de-escalate.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
@truth_seeker

That is true in some places, though it has been shown to be a horrible policy, as it causes parties to become even more violent when they realize there's no way to de-escalate.

What are your credentials in this field? Law enforcement? Family counseling?

The subject was this murderous 19 year old, with at least 20 police calls (some sources say 39).  My post was to pose the idea, of a police call having any consequence.

Following your logic, police were well to leave this perp to roam free.

We lock people up, for all sorts of  crimes. Again following your logic, we should allow all to roam free, lest we remove the chance to "de-escalate."

But who am I to speak of marriage, with only 50 years under my belt?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What are your credentials in this field? Law enforcement? Family counseling?

The subject was this murderous 19 year old, with at least 20 police calls (some sources say 39).  My post was to pose the idea, of a police call having any consequence.

Following your logic, police were well to leave this perp to roam free.

We lock people up, for all sorts of  crimes. Again following your logic, we should allow all to roam free, lest we remove the chance to "de-escalate."

But who am I to speak of marriage, with only 50 years under my belt?

Whoa there!  I didn't see Suppressed rubbishing you or your post, just making an observation about the wisdom of the "somebody needs to go to jail" policy, theorizing why it's not an official policy in many jurisdictions.  Personally, I think it's a terrible policy that should be canceled.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Suppressed

That would be racist, for it would demonstrate the fact, blacks commit murder at around 7 times the rates of whites.

And we can't have that being discussed.

Trouble is, white males commit school shootings. That's become a meme.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
That would be racist, for it would demonstrate the fact, blacks commit murder at around 7 times the rates of whites.

And we can't have that being discussed.

To what end and for what purpose would be the point of that discussion. As Conservatives & Libertarians, we are supposed to be individualists. We believe an individual is responsible for their actions, not their group. Having 'that discussion' is, in my mind, no different than liberals having 'that discussion' about all gun owners versus the responsibility of the deranged individual who pulled the trigger.

So, since you brought it up. To what end?

Do you want us to restrict gun ownership to black people?  Do you want to put in extra background checks for black people?  Do you want extra government surveillance of black people?  How about if all black people get a government supervisor? Maybe reservations?

Having a conversation about something is just (as people like to say) virtue signaling if it isn't followed by action. So why not tell us what end you want in that 'conversation'?