Author Topic: FBI says U.S. man stole thumb of Chinese terracotta warrior statue  (Read 472 times)

Offline Suppressed

FBI says U.S. man stole thumb of Chinese terracotta warrior statue
Source: Xinhua | 2018-02-18 04:56:05 | Editor: huaxia
http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2018-02/18/c_136982320.htm

Terracotta Warriors which guarded the tomb of China's First Emperor, Qin Shi Huang, on loan from China are displayed in The World Museum, Liverpool, Britain February 6, 2017. (Xinhua/REUTERS)

WASHINGTON, Feb. 17 (Xinhua) -- Federal authorities have said that a U.S. man stole late last year a thumb of a Chinese terracotta warrior statue being displayed at a Philadelphia museum in state of Pennsylvania.

According to an arrest affidavit filed Friday, Michael Rohana, a 24-year-old man from state of Delaware, was attending a party held at the Franklin Institute on Dec. 21 last year when he made his way into the museum's special exhibit "Terracotta Warriors of the First Emperor."

The FBI said that Rohana used a cellular telephone as a flashlight, looked at various exhibits displayed in the then-closed showroom, stepped up onto a platform supporting one of the statues, and took a selfie with it.

[...]

Museum staff noted the missing thumb on Jan. 8 and a special agent from the FBI's Art Crime Team tracked down Rohana days later and showed up at home in Bear, Delaware to question him about the finger, authorities said.

In front of his father, Rohana admitted it that he had stashed the thumb in his desk drawer.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline dfwgator

Re: FBI says U.S. man stole thumb of Chinese terracotta warrior statue
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 03:17:42 am »
The FBI sure has their priorities straight. /s

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 05:22:40 am »
Thanks @Suppressed

Exhibit leaves on the 4th- I really want to see it, got tickets for the flower show on the 5th, I should just make a mini vacation in philly.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 06:15:27 am »
Thanks @Suppressed

Exhibit leaves on the 4th- I really want to see it, got tickets for the flower show on the 5th, I should just make a mini vacation in philly.

"Mini-vacation" and "Philthy" are not two concepts that go together.

BTW FBI, great work getting this situation under control in short order. It's not like there is anything else life threatening that crosses your desk.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 06:23:20 am »

BTW FBI, great work getting this situation under control in short order. It's not like there is anything else life threatening that crosses your desk.

B.S.

"Dear FBI, don't F'w/me.  HRC"
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 12:35:14 pm »
In front of his father, Rohana admitted it that he had stashed the thumb in his desk drawer.

Coerced frame up.  Everyone knows the FBI had this thumb up their ass.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 06:38:37 pm »
Thanks @Suppressed

Sounds like a great plan!  Enjoy, @Freya!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 07:11:38 pm »
Thanks @Suppressed

Seeing the real thing in Xian is awe-aspiring.

The entire collection of thousand+ lifesize statues are standing underground in a building big enough to house a football field.

One cannot approach them, but can view a great perspective from a gallery walk above.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington