Author Topic: Ending the School to Prison Pipeline in Florida  (Read 308 times)

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Ending the School to Prison Pipeline in Florida
« on: February 19, 2018, 01:48:56 am »
 The NAACP has brokered a groundbreaking collaborative agreement on school discipline with Broward County Public Schools, law enforcement and its community partners. The agreement will serve as a model for school districts nationwide that aim to end the school to prison pipeline wreaking havoc in communities of color.

The collaborative agreement establishes proven alternatives to arrest for misdemeanor infractions by students that include common sense approaches such as counseling and mentorship. The historic agreement leverages the support of Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) and local law enforcement by reducing student suspensions, expulsions and arrests, while maintaining safe learning environments for students.

The agreement highlights the role of school officials in determining when student infractions warrant an arrest versus school disciplinary measures, particularly for minor misbehavior/offenses.  The collaborative agreement is part of the national movement to end the schoolhouse to jailhouse pipeline.

[excerpted]
http://www.naacp.org/latest/ending-the-school-to-prison-pipeline-in-florida/

I'm sorry, but I just can't help but wonder if this policy of theirs helped to contribute to the massacre.  This monster was a deranged piece of $hit and I'm totally convinced that cowardice in the name of Political Correctness allowed him to continue walking free.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Ending the School to Prison Pipeline in Florida
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 02:46:35 am »
NAACP? Mmmmmmmm...
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 03:03:10 am »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 03:59:29 am »
The detour in the "School to Prison Pipeline" ends at 17 dead innocent people.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 03:59:48 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 04:24:15 am »
More feel good bullshit that will always fail. If throwing criminals in jail isn't a deterrent, playing patty cake with them sure as hell isn't going to do anything.