Author Topic: James Harden is the MVP favorite and Houston has the NBA’s best record, but he’s far from satisfied  (Read 926 times)

Offline corbe

James Harden is the MVP favorite and Houston has the NBA’s best record, but he’s far from satisfied

HoopsHype
Alex Kennedy
8 hrs ago

In the first half of the 2017-18 NBA season, Houston Rockets superstar James Harden has been virtually unstoppable. He's leading the league in a wide array of statistical categories, he's broken NBA records that previously seemed impossible such as recording the first 60-point triple-double and, most importantly, he has guided the Rockets to the NBA's best record (44-13) and point differential (+8.7).

The 28-year-old should feel great about where he and his team stand entering the All-Star break, but he's quick to point out that the season is far from over and there's a still a lot of work to be done if he and his teammates want to achieve their only goal: winning the Larry O'Brien trophy.

"We've been playing well, especially as of late," Harden says, "but we still have a long way to go."

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/james-harden-is-the-mvp-favorite-and-houston-has-the-nba%e2%80%99s-best-record-but-he%e2%80%99s-far-from-satisfied/ar-BBJhKN2?ocid=ocid&fullscreen=true#image=2
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Follow the Stros Lead, Rockets!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
Basketball is nothing compared to football imo :P
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Every week, I try to check the NBA power rankings at cbs sports or somewhere else and the Rockets have now been number one for a few weeks.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-power-rankings-every-teams-expectations-after-the-trade-deadline/

It's an easy way to see who is doing well without following the sport real closely. Though, I have followed it a bit more this season. Despite CBS, the network's reputation for being liberal, CBS sports is a straight shooter, I never see extemporaneous coverage of controversial subjects, basic straight sports coverage. NCAA basketball is their favorite and overall, mine for basketball.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 05:25:24 pm by TomSea »

Offline goatprairie

Harden has a record of choking in the postseason.  A player as good as Chris Paul  with Harden really helps.  Sort of an odd combo Harden and Paul.  Haven't seen much of Houston this year, so we'll see how they do in the playoffs.

Offline corbe

Harden has a record of choking in the postseason.  A player as good as Chris Paul  with Harden really helps.  Sort of an odd combo Harden and Paul.  Haven't seen much of Houston this year, so we'll see how they do in the playoffs.

Ouch @goatprairie Being a huge Rockets Fan and having watched most all their games through the years, you are entitled to that opinion of Harden as a Chocker (Last year against the Spurs is proof enough) but both Chris Paul and Capella are both certified in Red Cross CPR, that should help this year, Boston or Toronto here we come!

Offline goatprairie

Ouch @goatprairie Being a huge Rockets Fan and having watched most all their games through the years, you are entitled to that opinion of Harden as a Chocker (Last year against the Spurs is proof enough) but both Chris Paul and Capella are both certified in Red Cross CPR, that should help this year, Boston or Toronto here we come!
Harden is undoubtedly one of the top five players in the league, but I thought it was odd they went after Paul who is another pg. Apparently, Morey is right and I'm wrong because the Rockets are killing the opposition. Oh well.

Offline corbe

Harden (The Franchise) wanted Chris Paul, they go back quite a ways but Harden also wanted Carmelo Anthony who wound up in OKC and proved a bust in their (Westbroke) system.  So far a great season, best record in the NBA and the Spurs are 7 games behind us, looking good.

Offline goatprairie

Nothing wrong with the home crowd plumping for the hometown guy. There's a number of players in the league deserving of mention. Anthony Davis is quietly having a tremendous season and putting the Pelicans on his back and into the playoffs. I like my guy, the Greek Freak.
But if Houston can finally dethrone the Warriors, I guess Harden will be the heavy favorite to win MVP.  And I'd be exceptionally happy to see GS lose.

Offline corbe

There's a couple of teams on Fire right now (last third of the Season), seems most are tanking, purposely for future Draft choices, BUT Davis with the Pelicans is among the standouts. 
   These young'uns will make for an exciting playoff series in the Western Conference, even without Pop and the Spurts (5~7 seed) whom, I respect BUT detest.

I do believe the Freak and his Bucks will be in the playoffs.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 07:33:07 am by corbe »

Offline goatprairie

There's a couple of teams on Fire right now (last third of the Season), seems most are tanking, purposely for future Draft choices, BUT Davis with the Pelicans is among the standouts. 
   These young'uns will make for an exciting playoff series in the Western Conference, even without Pop and the Spurts (5~7 seed) whom, I respect BUT detest.

I do believe the Freak and his Bucks will be in the playoffs.
The Bucks won't go anywhere unless Parker is back to his form of last year.  Giannis is just not enough.
They got roasted recently by a Detroit team that has been circling the drain for the last four weeks.
There are other faults with the Bucks i.e. guards, but if Parker is back to form, the Bucks can make a little noise in the playoffs....maybe even win a first round series.