Author Topic: Top U.S. officials tell the world to ignore Trump’s tweets (Compost)  (Read 664 times)

Offline corbe

Top U.S. officials tell the world to ignore Trump’s tweets

The Washington Post
Michael Birnbaum, Griff Witte
3 hrs ago

U.S. lawmakers — both Democrats and Republicans — and top national security officials in the Trump administration offered the same advice publicly and privately, often clashing with Trump’s Twitter stream: the United States remains staunchly committed to its European allies, is furious with the Kremlin about election interference and isn’t contemplating a preemptive strike on North Korea to halt its nuclear program.

But Trump himself engaged in a running counterpoint to the message, taking aim on social media at his own national security adviser, H.R. McMaster, because he “forgot” on Saturday to tell the Munich Security Conference that the results of the 2016 weren’t affected by Russian interference, a conclusion that is not supported by U.S. intelligence agencies. They say they will likely never be able to determine whether the Russian involvement swung the election toward Trump.

The determination to ignore Trump’s foreign-policy tweets has been bipartisan.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/top-us-officials-tell-the-world-to-ignore-trump%E2%80%99s-tweets/ar-BBJh3ji?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I used to think President Trump was insane.  Now because of Scott Adams I understand his insane tweets are really just effective messaging to his irrational supporters.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

But Trump himself engaged in a running counterpoint to the message, taking aim on social media at his own national security adviser, H.R. McMaster, because he “forgot” on Saturday to tell the Munich Security Conference that the results of the 2016 weren’t affected by Russian interference, a conclusion that is not supported by U.S. intelligence agencies.

IMO they weren't "affected" at least the outcome would have been the same with or without Russian interference.

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
Eh, everyone needs to feel special and important for a moment :P
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline Night Hides Not

I used to think President Trump was insane.  Now because of Scott Adams I understand his insane tweets are really just effective messaging to his irrational supporters.

Perfect example of "damning with faint praise."
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Perfect example of "damning with faint praise."
@Night Hides Not
I can't decypher that.  It's too cryptic for me.
If I wrote anything even faintly praising President Trump's tweets, it was sarcastic. 

President Trump's unending stream of consciousness tweets show an ignorance of facts, human nature, and the English language.  Trump's tweets are embarrassing to the people charged with enforcing Trump's directives and they are divisive to the country.

If you think I am damning Trump supporters as irrational, I was only paraphrasing Scott Adams who says all of us are irrational about the things we care about. 

Thank you for your reply.

Offline Applewood

The tweets are only designed to keep the fans entertained.  They aren't for the rest of us. 

Offline Night Hides Not

@Night Hides Not
I can't decypher that.  It's too cryptic for me.
If I wrote anything even faintly praising President Trump's tweets, it was sarcastic. 

President Trump's unending stream of consciousness tweets show an ignorance of facts, human nature, and the English language.  Trump's tweets are embarrassing to the people charged with enforcing Trump's directives and they are divisive to the country.

If you think I am damning Trump supporters as irrational, I was only paraphrasing Scott Adams who says all of us are irrational about the things we care about. 

Thank you for your reply.

@Once-Ler I merely thought your comment was "pithy", kidding around, nothing more...though I'm sure it attracted the ire of Orange Brigadiers.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Night Hides Not

The tweets are only designed to keep the fans entertained.  They aren't for the rest of us.

We simply cannot understand the underlying brilliance of these tweets.

I think most of those tweets are childish and immature, and I've always detested bullying as a substitute for leadership.