Author Topic: Polar vortex defies climate change in the Southeast U.S.  (Read 491 times)

rangerrebew

Polar vortex defies climate change in the Southeast U.S.
« on: February 17, 2018, 01:42:29 pm »
Polar vortex defies climate change in the Southeast U.S.
Winters in the Southeast have been getting colder instead of warmer

Date:
    February 13, 2018
Source:
    Dartmouth College
Summary:
    Overwhelming scientific evidence has demonstrated that our planet is getting warmer due to climate change, yet parts of the eastern US are actually getting cooler. According to a new study, the location of this anomaly, known as the 'US warming hole,' is a moving target. During the winter and spring, the US warming hole sits over the Southeast, as the polar vortex allows arctic air to plunge into the region, resulting in persistently cooler temperatures.
Share:

FULL STORY

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/02/180213183555.htm

Offline Joe Wooten

Re: Polar vortex defies climate change in the Southeast U.S.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 02:11:58 pm »
Their "overwhelming evidence" is the output of several faulty computer models..........

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 02:21:29 pm »
Their "overwhelming evidence" is the output of several faulty computer models..........

Some things never change.  GIGO for instance.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 07:12:18 pm »
Wait - the planet is getting warmer due to climate change? I thought climate change was happening because the planet was getting warmer?

I suppose it depends on whether you start with the data and model the result, or start with the result and model the data?
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 02:42:45 am »
Wait - the planet is getting warmer due to climate change? I thought climate change was happening because the planet was getting warmer?

I suppose it depends on whether you start with the data and model the result, or start with the result and model the data?

I think the way this one was done was to come up with the results, then determine the model needed to get  there