Author Topic: Florida Gov. Rick Scott: 'The FBI Director needs to resign' after botched Florida shooter investigat  (Read 590 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Florida Gov. Rick Scott: 'The FBI Director needs to resign' after botched Florida shooter investigation
by Katelyn Caralle | Feb 16, 2018, 3:08 PM

Republican Florida Gov. Rick Scott on Friday called for FBI Director Christopher Wray to step down after the FBI failed to act on information regarding 19-year-old Nikolas Cruz, the gunman in Wednesday's Florida school shooting.

The gunman responsible for 17 deaths in the shooting was flagged to the FBI for his “gun ownership, desire to kill people, erratic behavior, and disturbing social media posts.”

The FBI admitted they were contacted early last month by someone concerned with Cruz’s “desire to kill people,” and that person thought Cruz had the potential to conduct a school shooting. But the FBI admitted it didn't follow proper protocol by sending the information along to the Miami office, and Scott said that failure resulted in one of the deadliest school shootings in American history.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/florida-gov-rick-scott-the-fbi-director-needs-to-resign-after-botched-florida-shooter-investigation/article/2649332
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

I agree with Rick.   This is unacceptable and heads need to roll.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
This isn't the first mass shooting the FBI could have stopped.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline dfwgator

The FBI needs an enema.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Or 2nd, or 3rd, or 4th, or 5th.

They always seem to be "on the radar."

"The FBI remains dedicated, to protecting Clinton, and framing Trump, and won't rest until this is finished."

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
So much for See something, Say something

Who are you supposed to tell....?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Concerned

I think someone needs to be held accountable for this.  It seems like the current FBI Director is a pretty good place to start.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Another source for this story:

Florida Gov. Rick Scott calls for FBI Director Christopher Wray to resign in wake of Parkland school shooting

Florida Gov. Rick Scott called for FBI Director Christopher Wray to resign Friday in the wake of revelations the bureau ignored a Jan. 5 tip about Parkland school shooter Nikolas Cruz, who killed 17 when he opened fire on Valentine's Day.

The agency said earlier Thursday in a statement that it received a call in January from a person close to Cruz through its Public Access Line tipline to express concerns about Cruz's erratic behavior and disturbing social media posts.

That tip said that Cruz had a gun, wanted to “kill people” and there was the “potential of him conducting a school shooting.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/16/florida-gov-rick-scott-calls-for-fbi-director-christopher-wray-to-resign-in-wake-parkland-school-shooting.html

Online DB

The FBI couldn't find a lead in the “Im going to be a professional school shooter.” video, just like they couldn't find a lead in Hillary's bathroom Email server with state secrets on it...

Pathetically corrupt and incompetent.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Nor the last I am afraid.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline endicom

Wray has been there for 5 months.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Wray has been there for 5 months.

I could have made a bigger mark in one day with a coffee bean taped to my ass swimming across the Potomac than he has in his time at the bureau.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline endicom

I could have made a bigger mark in one day with a coffee bean taped to my ass swimming across the Potomac than he has in his time at the bureau.

I once rowed across in a rubber boat but there was nothing taped to my ass.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
The FBI couldn't find a lead in the “Im going to be a professional school shooter.” video, just like they couldn't find a lead in Hillary's bathroom Email server with state secrets on it...

Pathetically corrupt and incompetent.

Just a note -- it was just a written comment on a Youtube video.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I heard someone on Fox business say that the FBI should be disbanded and the federal marshals (who appear to be scandal free and independent from the DC swamp) accept competent field agents into their ranks. Sounds good to me.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline LauraTXNM

I heard someone on Fox business say that the FBI should be disbanded and the federal marshals (who appear to be scandal free and independent from the DC swamp) accept competent field agents into their ranks. Sounds good to me.

I like this idea. 
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Online DB

Just a note -- it was just a written comment on a Youtube video.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I'm following. That comment was reported to the FBI along with other information and the FBI "couldn't" find a lead on who posted it... Which is complete BS.

Offline LauraTXNM

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I'm following. That comment was reported to the FBI along with other information and the FBI "couldn't" find a lead on who posted it... Which is complete BS.

I was just clarifying that the September 2017 incident wasn't an actual video -- just a one-line comment.  They didn't have a photo of him or something.  If the commenter used a Yahoo email address, it would be harder to track him than a Google+ account.  Etc. etc. etc.  The FBI probably needed a court order to track him down.  And we know how that goes.

I wasn't responding about the specific tip in January.  That is inexcusable.

Online DB

I was just clarifying that the September 2017 incident wasn't an actual video -- just a one-line comment.  They didn't have a photo of him or something.  If the commenter used a Yahoo email address, it would be harder to track him than a Google+ account.  Etc. etc. etc.  The FBI probably needed a court order to track him down.  And we know how that goes.

Got it.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

@LauraTXNM

The Feds get information on internet users 24x7 from all major providers.  They have bypassed the warrant requirement already.

All they had to do is look.   The post had his name on the account.   They capture our IP address for every post or even connection.   With the IP address they can track the post to his house.   Checking his computer would prove he posted it.

Even this site captures our IP addresses.  They have to in order to route the network traffic.

No this was not because of difficulty or legal restrictions.  It's because they didn't deem it important enough.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline LauraTXNM

@LauraTXNM

The Feds get information on internet users 24x7 from all major providers.  They have bypassed the warrant requirement already.

All they had to do is look.   The post had his name on the account.   They capture our IP address for every post or even connection.   With the IP address they can track the post to his house.   Checking his computer would prove he posted it.

Even this site captures our IP addresses.  They have to in order to route the network traffic.

No this was not because of difficulty or legal restrictions.  It's because they didn't deem it important enough.

Ok, so I thought the same thing you did.  I asked my husband about it, and we got in an argument because he says that the warrant requirement still stands.  He's in big data, but he has friends in security at Google and Facebook, so who knows?!

Offline Concerned

Ok, so I thought the same thing you did.  I asked my husband about it, and we got in an argument because he says that the warrant requirement still stands.  He's in big data, but he has friends in security at Google and Facebook, so who knows?!

I think your husband is correct.  When the Feds requested IP addresses last year from a web hosting site for those visiting an anti-Trump website, they got a warrant, but they subsequently dropped their request for 1.3M IP addresses once it was fought:

The US Department of Justice is backing down on its request to Web hosting service DreamHost to divulge the 1.3 million IP addresses that visited a Trump resistance site. The request was part of the government's investigation into Inauguration Day rioting, which has already resulted in the indictment of 200 people. More are likely.

"The government has no interest in records relating to the 1.3 million IP addresses that are mentioned in DreamHost's numerous press releases and Opposition brief," federal prosecutors said in a new court filing concerning its investigation of the disruptj20.org site.

The government, in the court document, said it did not realize that its original warrant, (PDF) which is part of a federal grand jury investigation into Inauguration Day rioting, was so grand in scope.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/08/feds-drop-demand-for-1-3-million-ip-addresses-that-visited-anti-trump-site/
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.