Author Topic: JC Penney to close 8 stores in 2018. Here's where they are  (Read 2280 times)

Offline Applewood

Re: JC Penney to close 8 stores in 2018. Here's where they are
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2018, 03:42:37 pm »
The mall I described above became popular with teens from a town several miles away. They could take a bus from their town straight to the mall. Many of the customers felt threatened by their behavior and stopped shopping there.

Sort of what happened to some of our malls, too.  A lot of "undesirables" started hanging around.  People were being robbed and there were a couple of shootings.  Mall owners refused to beef up security.  When people don't feel safe, they will stay away. 

The mall where I go walking some mornings has a police department substation in it.  It's not always manned, but I think just its presence in the mall has been a deterrent.  But I don't know for sure since I go walking very early while the hoodlums are still in bed.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2018, 02:04:02 pm »
I bought my 1st gun rack for my pick up widow in the automotive dept at JC Penny's.   The also had the best prices on 15X7 Crager SS Wheels.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online mountaineer

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2018, 02:05:55 pm »
When I lived in St. Louis, the JCP near us had a full auto service center and a tool section similar to Sears. Hard to imagine now.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org