Author Topic: City Fines Landlord $2 Million Because They Offered Homeless & Disabled Veterans Cheap Rent  (Read 223 times)

rangerrebew

City Fines Landlord $2 Million Because They Offered Homeless & Disabled Veterans Cheap Rent
Dozens of poor and disabled veterans could soon be homeless thanks to a city's red tape war declaring their homes unfit because they don't have the proper paperwork.
Matt Agorist — February 14, 2018

San Francisco, CA — In the land of the free, government and law enforcement not only wage war on the poor and homeless through various unscrupulous means designed to extract revenue and attack the right to exist but those who try to help the homeless—by feeding, clothing, or sheltering them—also face the wrath of the state. As the following case illustrates, even those who’ve laid down their lives for the state—veterans—and the ones who help them are now being targeted.

https://freedomoutpost.com/city-fines-landlord-2-million-offered-homeless-disabled-veterans-cheap-rent/

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Couldn't find a reputable news source confirming any of that story. 

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

These people are running a scam. Check this shit out...

The lawsuit identifies 12 buildings with 15 legal units divided up and rented to 49 individual tenants, two-thirds of them veterans. The leases are bringing in $80,031 a month in rent, or $960,372 a year. Herrera’s lawsuit alleges that the 49 units “do not comply with San Francisco zoning requirements and subsequently endanger the occupants and neighborhood residents.”

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/SF-sues-landlord-over-state-of-housing-for-9196374.php

« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 02:55:48 pm by Frank Cannon »

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Send them back to those nice, safe bridges.
Countdown to Resignation