Author Topic: BREAKING>> Active Shooter Florida High School... Developing... Multiple victims...  (Read 24134 times)

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
@Neverdul , thank you so much for sharing. Not only are you cool for liking "South Park" but you are amazing to have the career you did.

I've known a lot of schizophrenics when I was in academia too. Brilliant minds that had to drop out of school in their senior year or graduate school.

Medication is so tricky because you feel better but the side effects are miserable. So when you get stable you go off them. It's a no win. And hospitals for the most part are getting worse, because they are understaffed and they shove in the haldol and prop patients in front ofTV.

That's my experience of working with the hospitals near me anyway.

I really appreciate your all's posts!
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline LauraTXNM

I already posted it and you can do your own research on Scientology and their crusade against the mental health profession. Mad In America is associated with or has been infiltrated by Scientologists and the Citizens Commission on Human Rights (CCHR) which has ties to Mad In America, is a Scientology associated group.

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/rethinking-psychiatry-accused-of-being-front-groups-for-scientology-front-group-cchr.120564/

https://www.mikerindersblog.org/scientologys-view-on-psychiatry/

Thank you for this.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I already posted it and you can do your own research on Scientology and their crusade against the mental health profession. Mad In America is associated with or has been infiltrated by Scientologists and the Citizens Commission on Human Rights (CCHR) which has ties to Mad In America, is a Scientology associated group.

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/rethinking-psychiatry-accused-of-being-front-groups-for-scientology-front-group-cchr.120564/

https://www.mikerindersblog.org/scientologys-view-on-psychiatry/

@Neverdul

I had a scientologost that worked for me.  She wouldn't even speak with a customer who worked in mental health.   No contact at all.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline LauraTXNM

When in doubt, do not risk the lives and safety of the many, to coddle the unfortunate mentally ill person.

e.g. STOP MAINSTREAMING.

Here's a related story/observation, which may be a bit dated but I think is still relevant.  When I first became a teacher in South Los Angeles in 1999-2000, my best friend was a special ed teacher (grades 4-5).  She had a lot of students with intellectual disabilities and a few who had more behavioral problems -- mostly ADHD but some worse/potentially violent.  Based on her experience and training:

It is very difficult to get a kid medically diagnosed and labeled by the school system as "Severely Emotionally Disturbed".  The designation has lifelong consequences for the student, precluding them from jobs with the police and the military among other things.

This may not be such a concern in this FL district, but in schools with high levels of poverty the effects of an SED label are definitely severe.

Offline LauraTXNM

Very much on topic.  Wonder what kind of parents he has?

If he's severe enough to have a One-to-One aide, (which costs the school a lot of money), he has worse internal problems than just inept parents.  You have to REALLY REALLY fight the system to get a kid a One-to-One, and parenting excuses just won't rate one.

I don't know where your district is, but they must be quite concerned about him.

Offline thackney

I don't know if this is related to the topic, but there is a kid that lives down the block, maybe 12 now. He has to have constant adult supervision at school now. They have assigned a person to be with this kid every minute he is at school. To keep him from bullying other kids.

God forbid the little bastard ever has access to firearms.

I think it is a terrible mistake to have a student that will not or cannot meet basic behavior requirements to remain in mainstream school.  Is there going to be constant supervision for the rest of his life?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think it is a terrible mistake to have a student that will not or cannot meet basic behavior requirements to remain in mainstream school.  Is there going to be constant supervision for the rest of his life?

He's certainly going to expect it, and he'll get it when he gets out of school and is no longer subject to the one-on-one.  I just feel sorry for whomever it is that gets hurt in the process.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LauraTXNM

He's certainly going to expect it, and he'll get it when he gets out of school and is no longer subject to the one-on-one.  I just feel sorry for whomever it is that gets hurt in the process.

Me, too ;(.  Because it sounds like there definitely will be someone.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Me, too ;(.  Because it sounds like there definitely will be someone.

I'm sad to say this, but you can make book on that.  Unless he's unlucky enough to try his bullying shtick on an armed man who knows him. It will end right then and there.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline LauraTXNM

I'm sad to say this, but you can make book on that.  Unless he's unlucky enough to try his bullying shtick on an armed man who knows him. It will end right then and there.

Or someone who’s a Karate triple black belt ;).  Some of the Jewish kids I know are pretty bad-_ss mean, though they don’t have guns.

Online mountaineer

My late brother-in-law required constant supervision for much of his life, especially that last 20 years or so of it (MR/DD, not schizophrenic or anything like that). The stress on the closest family members is tremendous.

The issue is always the availability of care and who will pay for it. It's similar to this so-called opioid crisis. We all agree addicts should go through a rehab program to get off drugs, but where's the money for it? My state is broke, and we have a lot of addicts and young people with behavioral issues (considering the autism spectrum is so broad) to try to help.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Or someone who’s a Karate triple black belt ;).  Some of the Jewish kids I know are pretty bad-_ss mean, though they don’t have guns.

Understood.  A nice handgun makes up for the lack of the years of training it takes to be a Black Belt.

I should mention I live in a state adjacent to yours, where people can carried concealed without a by-your-leave from the government.  Mrs. Liberty and I carry everywhere we go nowadays.  A man was shot dead at the Walmart she frequents, and they are happy she carries there.
I will NOT comply.

Offline LauraTXNM

My late brother-in-law required constant supervision for much of his life, especially that last 20 years or so of it (MR/DD, not schizophrenic or anything like that). The stress on the closest family members is tremendous.

The issue is always the availability of care and who will pay for it. It's similar to this so-called opioid crisis. We all agree addicts should go through a rehab program to get off drugs, but where's the money for it? My state is broke, and we have a lot of addicts and young people with behavioral issues (considering the autism spectrum is so broad) to try to help.  :shrug:

I’m so sorry your family is going through this.  He’s incredibly lucky he has family like you all to help him.  My sister lived with us for eight years as she died of COPD, and I have no idea how people who are alone would cope ;(.  Long-term illness of any kind puts terrible strain on everyone.  I’ll pray for you all.

Online mountaineer

Thank you, Laura. He passed away a few years ago. The family took care of him without any governmental assistance until his father died, then we had to get him on Title 19 services, Medicaid and the like.

There are services funded by the feds for certain mental conditions, but I suspect they aren't available (except privately) for all of the behavioral problems we've been talking about in this thread.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

I vote for confinement, without many frills. Cannot or will not live in mainstream society, then be excluded from it. And at low cost.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I vote for confinement, without many frills. Cannot or will not live in mainstream society, then be excluded from it. And at low cost.

I think it's a good thing you didn't have a vote on @mountaineer's rel.
I will NOT comply.

Offline LauraTXNM

Thank you, Laura. He passed away a few years ago. The family took care of him without any governmental assistance until his father died, then we had to get him on Title 19 services, Medicaid and the like.

There are services funded by the feds for certain mental conditions, but I suspect they aren't available (except privately) for all of the behavioral problems we've been talking about in this thread.

I think you’re right about only certain conditions being covered.   It can definitely be a financial drain; it took two years for my sister to qualify for disability and MediCare (she was only 57), and I had no idea how expensive oxygen tanks were!  We were lucky enough to have resources to afford them.

Offline thackney

MR/DD

I don't know what that means.  Kudos to you and your family for stepping up to do what her required.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online mountaineer

I don't know what that means.  Kudos to you and your family for stepping up to do what her required.
Mental retardation/developmental disabilities. It's a term that's been replaced by something more politically correct, I believe.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

This may make you feel better.  The Junior ROTC in that school were heroic and likely saved lives.  More kids follow leadership like this, the safer they will be.  Unfortunately, this is buried by the MSM

Heroes: JROTC students’ quick thinking, training saved dozens from shooter at Florida high school
Two 17-year-old students at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School coupled their quick-thinking skills and Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps training to help save dozens of lives when Nikolas Cruz went on his shooting spree, killing 17 people, Wednesday in Parkland, Florida.

Company commander Capt. Zackary Walls, 17, and Capt. Colton Haab, 17, told ABC News that they had decided to end their outdoor formations early that fateful day. They had taken their students back inside the school just moments before the fire alarm that sounded just as the massacre began.

Walls and Haab took charge and herded students and teachers into a classroom after they heard gunshots ringing out nearby. The two JROTC captains used materials inside the room to create a barrier between them and the killer and prepared themselves for a fight.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/02/16/heroes-jrotc-students-quick-thinking-training-saved-dozens-from-shooter-at-florida-high-school
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
This may make you feel better.  The Junior ROTC in that school were heroic and likely saved lives.  More kids follow leadership like this, the safer they will be.  Unfortunately, this is buried by the MSM

Heroes: JROTC students’ quick thinking, training saved dozens from shooter at Florida high school
Two 17-year-old students at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School coupled their quick-thinking skills and Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps training to help save dozens of lives when Nikolas Cruz went on his shooting spree, killing 17 people, Wednesday in Parkland, Florida.

Company commander Capt. Zackary Walls, 17, and Capt. Colton Haab, 17, told ABC News that they had decided to end their outdoor formations early that fateful day. They had taken their students back inside the school just moments before the fire alarm that sounded just as the massacre began.

Walls and Haab took charge and herded students and teachers into a classroom after they heard gunshots ringing out nearby. The two JROTC captains used materials inside the room to create a barrier between them and the killer and prepared themselves for a fight.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/02/16/heroes-jrotc-students-quick-thinking-training-saved-dozens-from-shooter-at-florida-high-school

Kids like that and their fellow JROTC cadet that died keeping a door open for kids to get out give me hope that their entire generation won't end up as limp wristed snowflakes.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline LauraTXNM

I'm so glad there were kids there who had the training and knowledge to help the other students.  I know one of the JROTC members died helping others escape.  I hope they don't get embroiled in the whole gun control debate, and that the other students respect their position, whatever that is.  I'd guess they're more knowledgeable about weapons than most of the other kids.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker

Kids like that and their fellow JROTC cadet that died keeping a door open for kids to get out give me hope that their entire generation won't end up as limp wristed snowflakes.
@txradioguy    :thumbsup: 
Still plenty of kids growing up with true values and morals.  I admit that I'm skeptical, but there are many who believe as we do and they're raising damned good kids.   :patriot:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

I'm so glad there were kids there who had the training and knowledge to help the other students.  I know one of the JROTC members died helping others escape.  I hope they don't get embroiled in the whole gun control debate, and that the other students respect their position, whatever that is.  I'd guess they're more knowledgeable about weapons than most of the other kids.
They are matured to act that way.

My son many years ago went through the program, and although he did not go into the military, the discipline the Junior ROTC instilled in him was a strong positive.

My wish is that Congress and Trump make this a higher priority to fight the high school attitudes, especially in the urban areas, but I doubt they will see this as a way to building better solutions.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Yes, the inner cities are the ones that really need some kick start toward reaching maturity, and a military bent is a damn good way to make it happen.

Did you notice article says these kids herded both students and teachers?  That shows maturity.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 03:13:06 am by IsailedawayfromFR »