Author Topic: Advocates of illegal entrants misrepresent DOJ’s intentions  (Read 4028 times)

Offline johnwk

See DOJ Considering Arresting Sanctuary City Politicians
1/16/2018

”The Department of Justice is considering subjecting state and local officials to criminal charges if they implement or enforce so-called sanctuary policies that bar jurisdictions from cooperating with immigration authorities. Immigration advocates argue such a move would be illegal.”

Later in the article we find: “Immigration advocates said charging local or state officials with crimes for not cooperating with federal immigration authorities would be unlawful and a violation of the Constitution.”

But that ___ “. . . charging local or state officials with crimes for not cooperating with federal immigration authorities …” is not what the Trump Administration is considering.  The Trump Administration is considering prosecuting elected leaders who are forbidding law enforcement officers to voluntarily cooperate with federal ICE Agents.   There is an enormous distinction between local political leaders ordering local law enforcement officers to not cooperate with ICE Agents, and local police refusing to cooperate. 

And what has the court stated about local elected leaders restricting their law enforcement officers from cooperating with our federal government?

For the answer to this question let us read Judge Harry D. Leinenweber’s recent WRITTEN OPINION dealing with 8 U.S. Code § 1373 - Communication between government agencies and the Immigration and Naturalization Service

_“The constitutionality of Section 1373 has been challenged before. The Second Circuit in City of New York v. United States, 179 F.3d 29 (2d Cir. 1999), addressed a facial challenge to Section 1373 in similar circumstances. By executive order, New York City prohibited its employees from voluntarily providing federal immigration authorities with information concerning the immigration status of any alien. Id. at 31-32. The city sued the United States, challenging the constitutionality of Section 1373 under the Tenth Amendment._

Id. at 32.

_The Second Circuit found that Section 1373 did not compel state or local governments to enact or administer any federal regulatory program or conscript local employees into its service, and therefore did not run afoul of the rules gleaned from the Supreme Court’s Printz and New York decisions. City of New York, 179 F.3d at 35. Rather, the court held that Section 1373 prohibits local governmental entities and officials only from directly restricting the voluntary exchange of immigration information with the INS. Ibid. The Court found that the Tenth Amendment, normally a shield from federal power, could not be turned into “a sword allowing states and localities to engage in passive resistance that frustrates federal programs.”

_______ 

So, as it turns out, what the Trump Administration is considering is not a violation of the Constitution, as alleged by the advocates of illegal entrants.  What the Trump Administration is considering is the prosecution of local elected leaders who forbid local law enforcement officers from cooperating with Federal ICE Agents.  In fact, those elected leaders are in violation of  8 U.S. Code § 1373 - Communication between government agencies and the Immigration and Naturalization Service, as noted by the court, and their actions also constitute the criminal offense of Harboring

JWK

American citizens are sick and tired of being made into tax-slaves to finance the economic needs of millions of poverty stricken, poorly educated, low and unskilled aliens who have invaded America borders.

Offline johnwk

Re: Cal. AG threatenens Citizens if they help ICE Agents
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 10:25:23 pm »

It is absolutely stunning that Xavier Becerra, the Attorney General of California, has actually threatened American citizens in his state if they dare to assist federal immigration authorities!

See ‘We will prosecute’ employers who help immigration sweeps, California AG says

1/18/2018

”The state’s top cop issued a warning to California employers Thursday that businesses face legal repercussions, including fines up to $10,000, if they assist federal immigration authorities with a potential widespread immigration crackdown.

“It’s important, given these rumors that are out there, to let people know – more specifically today, employers – that if they voluntarily start giving up information about their employees or access to their employees in ways that contradict our new California laws, they subject themselves to actions by my office,” state Attorney General Xavier Becerra said at a news conference. “We will prosecute those who violate the law.”

Jeff Sessions needs to send Federal Marshals to California to charge and arrest the State's Attorney General, Xavier Becerra, for harboring and sedition in that he is openly threatening law abiding citizens who may cooperate with ICE Agents.

JWK

American citizens are sick and tired of being made into tax-slaves to finance the economic needs of millions of poverty stricken, poorly educated, low and unskilled aliens who have invaded America borders.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Advocates of illegal entrants misrepresent DOJ’s intentions
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 01:19:58 am »
You're in the wrong category.

Posts like yours belong here by the rules of the forum.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/board,11.0.html
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline johnwk

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 01:11:33 pm »
You're in the wrong category.

Posts like yours belong here by the rules of the forum.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/board,11.0.html

My post is not a current event and national news?  Additionally, you forgot to post the specific rules you are referring to.

JWK

Offline Mod1

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 01:16:22 pm »
My post is not a current event and national news?  Additionally, you forgot to post the specific rules you are referring to.

JWK

@txradioguy is correct.  There are specific categories for original articles created by members and not from a news wire and/or news outlet.

This is not the category.  I'll move this for you so you know for next time.

Have a nice day.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 01:20:56 pm »
@johnwk

I find your arguments compelling regardless of where it is/was posted.

Thanks for taking the trouble!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline johnwk

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 01:33:24 pm »

@txradioguy is correct.  There are specific categories for original articles created by members and not from a news wire and/or news outlet.

This is not the category.  I'll move this for you so you know for next time.

Have a nice day.

Thank you for your reply.  I'm still trying to figure out the criterion used to determine where a post goes.  My original post cited an article, which I quoted a passage from, and then went on to comment on what I qutoed from the article.  The article seemed to be both national news and a current event. 

Thank you for your help.

JWK

Offline texasred

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 10:39:36 pm »
There should be moral as well as legal considerations regarding the disposition of individuals who are present in the USA without documents.  As a conservative, I am concerned that the families of immigrants are not being given a fair shake, particularly when they have fled situations imposed upon them by vastly more powerful US agencies, notably and e.g. the devastation of corn prices following the implementation of NAFTA, and the ideologically based (anti-union, anti-communist) terror of Mano Blanco, the Contras, and other US-supplied gangs.  I also wish to conserve the billions of dollars paid into Social Security by undocumented persons who will never be able to equitably collect.  A proper Conservative attitude would be gracious enough to compensate for these wrongs by accepting long-standing family groups into the US, and it would be appropriate to find a permanent status for them and their offspring.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2018, 10:51:37 pm »
Newbies.  Newbies everywhere.  :cool:
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 11:00:51 pm »
Thank you for your reply.  I'm still trying to figure out the criterion used to determine where a post goes.  My original post cited an article, which I quoted a passage from, and then went on to comment on what I qutoed from the article.  The article seemed to be both national news and a current event. 

Thank you for your help.

JWK

Categories here are a bit challenging. One is titled "2012 Election Day."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln