Author Topic: Trump proposes restricting choices for food stamp recipients  (Read 1978 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Trump proposes restricting choices for food stamp recipients
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2018, 12:43:56 am »
The amount may vary by state.  All I know is that whatever these beneficiaries get -- at least where I live -- it allegedly is not enough.  Which is why my local school district serves breakfast, lunch and dinner to the kids -- even during the summer.    That is paid for by my property taxes. 

And most of these beneficiaries are getting more than one entitlement.  They get food stamps or EBT,  WIC (food program for mothers, babies and very small children), welfare, maybe disability, unemployment, workers' comp and who knows what all else.  Plus they get groceries at the food pantry, used clothing from Goodwill and who knows how many other local government and private charitable programs. 

Slackers make out like bandits. And we working stiffs and retirees are the ones getting robbed.

Our school system as well entitles every student to FREE breakfast and lunch.  However, breakfast consists of usually a pop tart or granola bar and milk and a gogurt.  I think its really a crappy breakfast but to most of these kids it's all they get.  Lunch usually consists of something like pizza, or popcorn chicken, veg or salad, fruit and milk.  The portions are very small.  The same lunch is fed to ALL county students regardless of age. 

As for the SNAP program, if you think about it $600 for a family of 4 isn't overly generous.  Grocery prices where I live are astronomical.  That's about how much I easily spend for just my husband and myself in a month!  Fresh fruit, vegs and half way decent meat and deli meats and cheeses is expensive.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.