Author Topic: Are there any home remedies for pneumonia?  (Read 336 times)

rangerrebew

Are there any home remedies for pneumonia?
« on: February 12, 2018, 03:44:36 pm »
Are there any home remedies for pneumonia?
Last reviewed Sun 11 February 2018
By Jon Johnson   
Reviewed by Karen Cross, FNP, MSN   

Pneumonia is an inflammatory disorder of the lungs caused by an infection of the airways. It is a serious condition, and home remedies cannot be used to treat it. However, they can help ease the symptoms.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320881.php

Offline aligncare

Re: Are there any home remedies for pneumonia?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 05:00:23 pm »
I had a patient when I was new in practice, a retired WWII navy medic. He told me of the gonzo treatment he used when medicines were in short supply aboard ship. Works wonders for sore throats and URI’s like cold and flu, and even works with bronchitis and pneumonia:

First, fashion a funnel out of thick oak tag paper. The small end of the funnel will go in the mouth, the large end of the funnel will hover over a pan of boiling secret sauce: a quarter cup of vinegar to a cup of water; use a small pan to boil the mixture.

Use the funnel to breathe the steam rising off the boiling water/vinegar mixture. Be careful not to burn yourself, but try to direct the steam deep against the back of the throat. Repeat throughout the day, each time breathing the steam for a few minutes.

The superheated acidic vapor destroys lesions, bacteria, virus or otherwise. You’ll be amazed at the rapid improvement you get.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 06:02:57 pm by aligncare »