Author Topic: A hard-fought, passionate, seven-year battle to keep an intrusive, noisy mosque out of an historic N  (Read 505 times)

rangerrebew

A hard-fought, passionate, seven-year battle to keep an intrusive, noisy mosque out of an historic New Jersey town has gone down in flames (thanks to the Obama Regime)

February 9, 2018 by BareNakedIslam 34 Comments

You can dress it up to look like a private residence, but there’s no disguising a mosque in the neighborhood, with parking all over the streets, eardrum-shattering calls to prayer five times a day, not to mention the tanking of nearby property values because nobody but Muslims will want to buy houses there. (Note: BNI is mentioned here)

The Guardian  A bitter legal row over a mosque in an affluent New Jersey town shows the new face of Islamophobia justifiable anti-Islam sentiment in the age of Trump.

Forty years ago, Mohammad Ali Chaudry, a Pakistani-born Muslim, made his home outside New York City in Basking Ridge, NJ. Basking Ridge is out in horse country, an area of rolling green hills and white-steepled churches, not far from Bedminster, where Donald Trump has his summer estate.

http://barenakedislam.com/2018/02/09/a-hard-fought-passionate-seven-year-battle-to-keep-an-intrusive-noisy-mosque-out-of-an-historic-new-jersey-town-has-gone-down-in-flames-thanks-to-the-obama-regime/

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Are churchbells "noisy and intrusive" and "eardrum shattering"?
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline endicom

No, and I say that as a non-religious person. Church bells merely beckon.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Also, those calls for morning prayers can be loud and from what I understand, 5 AM in the morning from those Mosques, versus, when one hears Church bells, often welcomed. Often at the noon hour, maybe at 6 pm, maybe some time in the morning.

But hey, if it serves one to "lump" all religions together, we know who that serves.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I'll bet there is a bit of a history with bells as well, as serving the community to tell what the time was before watches and clocks were common. Do municipal buildings have their own bells in somewhere?

It's always been said, if one can hear some bells from some church or other building over in London, that is where the Cockneys live.

Leave it to the Christian-haters to bring some things up.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Scum sucking Muzzy trash. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline roamer_1

No, and I say that as a non-religious person. Church bells merely beckon.

I haven't heard church bells in twenty years.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Clearly you've never been awoken by or had anything you were doing inside or outside your home interrupted by the ear splitting Muslim call to prayer 5 times a day.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline endicom

I haven't heard church bells in twenty years.

How often are you near a church?

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

Christmas and Easter just like all good Catholics.  Why do you ask?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline roamer_1

All the time. I am close enough to town that I should be able to hear them all... and there's a big church less than a quarter mile from my cabin.

We don't have church bells. County ordinance, I'd reckon.

Offline endicom

All the time. I am close enough to town that I should be able to hear them all... and there's a big church less than a quarter mile from my cabin.

We don't have church bells. County ordinance, I'd reckon.

Interesting. I'll occasionally notice some (and probably don't notice some) here in New York. I wouldn't call them obtrusive.

Offline roamer_1

Interesting. I'll occasionally notice some (and probably don't notice some) here in New York. I wouldn't call them obtrusive.

Oh, I wouldn't call them intrusive either... Quaint, nostalgic, beautiful... My brother was down in New Orleans and called me on a Sunday morning just to hear the pealing church bells.  I miss it.

And, btw, I am a sabbatarian, and doctrinally against any Sunday sabbath. But I miss them all the same, and was never offended.

But apparently there was a law suit, I remember it being some time before the 10 Commandments were torn down in front of the courthouse. A damn crying shame (on both counts).

Offline GrouchoTex

Reminds me of an old Red Skelton Joke:

" Early one morning, it was a beautiful day.
I sat down and waited for the bus.
The sky was blue, the birds were singing, church bells were ringing.
I asked the man sitting next to me, "Aren't the church bells lovely?"
The man said "what?"
I said "Aren't the church bells lovely?"
The man said "come again?"
I said, "Aren't the church bells lovely?"
The man said, "I'm sorry mister, I can't hear a word you're saying, with these damned church bells going off".

...or something to that effect.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 08:53:25 pm by GrouchoTex »