Author Topic: Marine Corps makes history with mine plow prototype for Assault Breacher Vehicle  (Read 245 times)

rangerrebew

Marine Corps makes history with mine plow prototype for Assault Breacher Vehicle

By Kaitlin Kelly, MCSC Office of Public Affairs and Communication, Marine Corps Systems Command

MARINE CORPS BASE QUANTICO, VA -- The Marine Corps’ Assault Breacher Vehicle made history last year when it conducted its first amphibious landing with a Modified Full Width Mine Plow prototype during a long-range breaching exercise in the western United States.

In December 2017, Marine Corps Systems Command used Exercise Steel Knight as an opportunity to test the Modified Full Width Mine Plow prototype for the first time. Steel Knight is a division-level exercise designed to enhance command and control, and interoperability with the 1st Marine Division, its adjacent units and naval support forces.

http://www.marines.mil/News/News-Display/Article/1435040/marine-corps-makes-history-with-mine-plow-prototype-for-assault-breacher-vehicle/