Author Topic: Why Walmart wants Rachel Brand  (Read 398 times)

Offline endicom

Why Walmart wants Rachel Brand
« on: February 11, 2018, 02:47:22 pm »
American Thinker
Frank Friday
Feb. 11, 2018

There is a lot of speculation this week about the reason Rachel Brand is stepping down as DOJ number 3.  Cue the scary music and intonations of Nixon's Saturday Night Massacre.  Ugh!

But I don't think this is anything more than the D.C. revolving door, and Ms. Brand and her husband are expert at this.  Hubby Jonathan Cohn makes oodles of money at white shoe Sidley, Austin after leaving the Bush DOJ, where his wife worked, as well.  Both went to Harvard Law, she clerked for Anthony Kennedy, he for Clarence Thomas, and they are pals with Ted Cruz.

More... http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/02/why_walmart_wants_rachel_brand.html

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Why Walmart wants Rachel Brand
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 03:00:17 pm »
I can't help recalling that Hillary Clinton was once on the board of Wal-Mart.  Probably nothing but I think my memory is serving me well on it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 03:12:07 pm »
I can't help recalling that Hillary Clinton was once on the board of Wal-Mart.  Probably nothing but I think my memory is serving me well on it.

For six years, it seems.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 03:18:15 pm »
A little more:

Now, as a top executive for Walmart, Rachel Brand will literally be paid millions of dollars, and you may wonder why she is worth such a salary.  The reason is pretty obvious.  As associate attorney general, she was in charge of a couple of departments, most notably the Antitrust Division.

What's Walmart up to these days?  Buying up online retailers like Jet.com, the better to compete with Amazon.  Who decides if Walmart can keep buying up these companies and, more importantly, if Amazon can keep buying other retailers like Whole Foods?  The Antitrust Division. 

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 03:19:25 pm »
A little more:

Bingo.  That’s why Walmart wants her.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 03:22:31 pm »
Bingo.  That’s why Walmart wants her.

That makes perfect sense.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 04:06:21 pm »
That makes perfect sense.

It does. Though vexing to most of us, it's what Walmart must do to deal with the anti-trust laws.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 12:43:18 am »
Hubby Jonathan Cohn makes oodles of money at white shoe Sidley, Austin after leaving the Bush DOJ, where his wife worked, as well.  Both went to Harvard Law, she clerked for Anthony Kennedy, he for Clarence Thomas, and they are pals with Ted Cruz.

I can only imagine the vitriol this line will inspire at TOS! They still believe all those lies someone told about him ad his family during the campaign.