Author Topic: I Didn’t Get A Free Pass Into America At Age Six, And Neither Should ‘Dreamers’  (Read 290 times)

rangerrebew

Monday, February 5, 2018
I Didn’t Get A FREE PASS Into America At Age Six, And Neither Should ‘DREAMERS’
Our parents respected America enough to not come here illegally, even if it meant being imprisoned, tortured, or even executed while they awaited legal entry.

Mario Sánchez

In 1959 my father was visited by a commander of the Cuban Revolution to “volunteer” him as a civil servant to the nascent Soviet-Marxist dictatorship. With summary firing squads, routine tortures, life sentences handed out like candy without due process, beatings, and mandatory indoctrination of children as young as eight, my dad acquiesced to buy time to arrange my escape.

He decided to abandon me because he had a dream. His dream, as it later became mine, was for me to be given the greatest number of opportunities to be successful, to live where freedom was intrinsic to the social fabric, to enjoy the protections of a constitutional republic. These are lost dreams for Cuba, but reality in America.

http://www.socio-political-journal.com/2018/02/i-didnt-get-free-pass-into-america-at.html