Author Topic: Empty Cockpits Are a Problem for the U.S. Air Force  (Read 397 times)

rangerrebew

Empty Cockpits Are a Problem for the U.S. Air Force
« on: February 11, 2018, 09:13:14 am »
Empty Cockpits Are a Problem for the U.S. Air Force
Bonus money alone won't bring in the 1,200 fighter pilots the service needs.
by The Editors

February 9, 2018, 8:30 AM EST

In late 2016, the Air Force realized it was facing a shortage of about 700 fighter pilots. The service, to its credit, pushed ahead with several initiatives to avert the looming crisis. The result: The Air Force is now short about 1,200 fighter pilots.

It’s not that the Air Force's steps weren't improvements. It's that they were too small. With commercial airlines poaching the military ranks to replace a giant cohort of their own pilots now reaching mandatory retirement age, the Air Force’s predicament is likely to get worse.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-02-09/empty-cockpits-are-a-problem-for-the-u-s-air-force

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Re: Empty Cockpits Are a Problem for the U.S. Air Force
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 11:31:42 am »
Let other nations pay for their own %##&@!!  defense. 

Use the money we save to take care of ours who have already given so much.

I'd rather see veteran AF pilots using their skills to fly passengers and cargo safely over our skies than being put in harms way so we can subsidize the rest of the world.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Empty Cockpits Are a Problem for the U.S. Air Force
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 02:50:42 am »
I thought young men were jumpin' to get into military positions like this.

What happened?
Where'd they go?