Author Topic: ICE Set To Deport Undocumented Father Whose 5-Year-Old Son Is Battling Cancer  (Read 393 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
ICE Set To Deport Undocumented Father Whose 5-Year-Old Son Is Battling Cancer
HuffPost Sarah Ruiz-Grossman 15 hrs ago

Immigration and Customs Enforcement plans to deport an undocumented man from Mexico whose child is battling cancer.

On Thursday, ICE denied an extension to remain in the U.S. for 30-year-old Jesus Berrones, who lives in Arizona with his pregnant wife and five children. The immigration agency ordered Berrones to appear on Monday to be deported, according to his lawyer Garrett Wilkes.

Berrones has been living in the U.S. since he was 1½, when his parents brought him here in 1989, according to his wife, Sonia. In 2006, at age 19, Berrones was caught driving with a fake license and deported to Mexico. He then twice re-entered the country unlawfully to rejoin his family.

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ice-set-to-deport-undocumented-father-whose-5-year-old-son-is-battling-cancer/ar-BBIXwvg?OCID=ansmsnnews11

This is from the Huffington Post, so I guess this gets a "liberal bleeding heart" disclaimer. I do feel for these people caught up in this, but where is this same concern for the unborn?  Oh, that doesn't count.

I would hope that our system of laws has, on a case by case basis, room for compassion. You might have stolen a loaf of bread but it was for your family, so maybe the judge goes easy on you.