Author Topic: South Korea's president invited to North Korea  (Read 299 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
South Korea's president invited to North Korea
« on: February 10, 2018, 02:17:56 pm »
South Korea's president invited to North Korea
by Associated Press | Feb 10, 2018, 8:38 AM

PYEONGCHANG, South Korea — A rare invitation to Pyongyang for South Korea's president marked day two of the North Korean Kim dynasty's southern road tour Saturday, part of an accelerating diplomatic thaw that included some Korean liquor over lunch and the shared joy of watching a "unified" Korea team play hockey at the Olympics.

Nothing has been settled on any trip north by South Korean President Moon Jae-in. But the verbal message to come at a "convenient time" from dictator Kim Jong Un, delivered by his visiting little sister, Kim Yo Jong, is part of a sudden rush of improving feelings between the rivals during the Pyeongchang Olympics. The result: a heady, sometimes surreal, state of affairs in a South Korea that has seen far more threat than charm out of the North.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/south-koreas-president-invited-to-north-korea/article/2648732
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Suppressed

Re: South Korea's president invited to North Korea
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 04:01:52 pm »
Yup.  Closer relations mean that Kim will get to continue weapon development unmolested. We got outmaneuvered.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: South Korea's president invited to North Korea
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 04:14:50 pm »
Yup.  Closer relations mean that Kim will get to continue weapon development unmolested. We got outmaneuvered.

Exactly.

Since "worthless promises" aren't working with Trump, like they did with every other American President, now NK is feigning reconciliation with the South as its new carrot. I agree that this is a ruse to throw Trump off the scent.

However, it may just backfire. I'm not convinced that Kim is as ideological as he is just a frightened, paranoid, scared little boy. And he seems to be greedy, lustful, and completely hedonistic. Once he starts flirting with the South, he may get drawn in, just by the massive wealth involved as well as modern technology and international respect. I realize that this idea is improbable. But it is there. So, we shall have to wait and see.

Maybe we have gone from Obama who was the Great Divider in Chief, to Trump who may turn out to be the Great Uniter that everyone, including Democrats, claim to be waiting for.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 04:15:07 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.