Author Topic: Finally! The California Exodus Begins  (Read 1209 times)

Offline anubias

Re: Finally! The California Exodus Begins
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2018, 03:35:16 am »
You forgot to mention the snakes and bugs. You really haven't lived until you have had a good case of chiggers.

And the damned scorpions.  Don’t forget those things.

Offline DB

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2018, 03:45:28 am »
UGH! Too hot. Not a desert guy...

Best of luck to you!

I'm not a desert guy either... Got a house with some green around it and that isn't totally flat. I'm a mountain, trees, fog and rain kind of guy... My work requires it for at least a few years.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2018, 03:49:35 am »
UGH! Too hot. Not a desert guy...

Best of luck to you!

I need three out of four seasons. I hate summer. I want to move somewhere cold.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2018, 04:06:38 am »
That’s a shame.  Montana was once known as the last bastion of the sane.  Not sure what it is about cities that makes people turn into nut jobs.

Californication.

About the same all up and down the Rockies...  Best is ~PODUNK~, where it is still pretty much Mayberry.
 Seems like about the time the place is big enough for a town council, it's some place I don't want to be.

With that in mind, outside of town is much as it has always been. Out of town is homesteads, farms, and ranches, and hillbillies, with a few hippy back-to-basics types who fit in pretty good.  If you are any of that kind, and know how to do for yourselves, you'll do just fine.

But yeah. Last best place short of AK is MT, ID ,WY Rockies IMHO. With UT and CO back country following.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2018, 04:19:24 am »
I'm not a desert guy either... Got a house with some green around it and that isn't totally flat. I'm a mountain, trees, fog and rain kind of guy... My work requires it for at least a few years.

Outside of my ken. Although I have been down to the four corners area, which is a ways off ... Not coastal forest, but the boreal forest down that way is beautiful.   Take your weekends up there and cool off...  :shrug:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2018, 04:35:39 am »
I need three out of four seasons. I hate summer. I want to move somewhere cold.

Summers are awesome in the Rockies. May and June are brilliant, though rainy. The days that are nice are glorious. July is usually awesome. 80's... and comparatively warm nights (60's).... August gets hot, high 90's, but a very dry heat - and our shade works great up here (up to 15 degrees cooler in the shade). It's a bit of a struggle through there (Usually accompanied by smoke from forest fires), but the minute the sun is down, it gets cold. I have never needed air conditioning in my life.

Fall is awesome and cool from Sept to maybe even late Nov., though Oct is a better bet... Then comes the Great White Death, Usually a foot to four feet on the valley floor... Jan gets damn cold... -20 for a couple weeks to a month, Feb and March are still snowy, but with a lot of breakup and thaw...  Generally some 40's and maybe a 50 or two... April is when spring finally pops around here... still might be some significant snow (I have seen 6" on the 4th of July), but it doesn't stick anymore.

All in all, a great place as far as I am concerned. If you don't want hot, it doesn't get much better.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 04:39:22 am by roamer_1 »

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2018, 04:45:58 am »
I voted for McClintock...

The governator was the final turning point for CA. There's no going back. The rest of the country is rapidly following suit.

After about 48 years I'm leaving. Literally starting to pack now.

Almost anywhere but Ca.

Every time you remember how awful the place became, Every Time you see Anything reporting on Kamala Harris, REMEMBER that she presided over all of California's Law Enforcement as the State AG and before that as San Francisco's District Attorney.

All the predictor you need about what she'll do if she manages to rig her way in as the Rat nominee for Prez.

The woman is 100% unprincipled and doesn't care a whit what it looks like no matter What she does.

Gavin Newsom, the State Lt Gov. is just as dirty as she is.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2018, 02:07:40 pm »

Alright I guess, but since the meth epidemic, floss futures are way down.   :shrug: :whistle:
 :tongue2:

Damn tweekers ruin everything!
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2018, 02:35:16 pm »
Looking for new nests to foul.

@dfwgator

Count on it. Most conservatives in California left long ago,leaving only leftists in certain businesses that were mostly immune to,or that profit from refugees and general lefitst shitheadism. Now that things have gotten bad enough even they want to leave,they will bring their leftist shitheadism with them to their new locations,convinced it only failed in California because it wasn't "done right",and THIS time they are going to get do it properly.

Anybody that grew up in the south and has witnessed and dealt with Yankee refugees retiring and moving south "where things are different",and immediately trying to establish the same shithead laws they had up in Yankeestan.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2018, 02:39:09 pm »
Colorado "seems" to be suffering greatly too, at least, the Denver metro. It really is a warning to any state, that what befalls one, can happen to others.

@TomSea

That was already happening when I was living out there in the mid-70's . Denver,Boulder,Colorado Springs,and all the ski resort areas were all leftists outposts,and almost all ran by people from the left coast. From what I understand,Colorado Springs is now a cess pool that might as well be a  sister city to Oakland,Calif when it comes to gangs,drugs,and street crimes.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2018, 02:42:10 pm »
Not a good thing if they bring their political contagion with them.

@Oceander

They will. I can guarantee you not 1 in 100 has the ability to recognize their political beliefs and activism was what destroyed the areas they are leaving. They will find something or someone else to blame it on because it is human nature to think that they and everything they believe in are what is best for everyone.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2018, 02:45:43 pm »
@dfwgator

Count on it. Most conservatives in California left long ago,leaving only leftists in certain businesses that were mostly immune to,or that profit from refugees and general lefitst shitheadism. Now that things have gotten bad enough even they want to leave,they will bring their leftist shitheadism with them to their new locations,convinced it only failed in California because it wasn't "done right",and THIS time they are going to get do it properly.

Anybody that grew up in the south and has witnessed and dealt with Yankee refugees retiring and moving south "where things are different",and immediately trying to establish the same shithead laws they had up in Yankeestan.
Yes, Austin now bans all cell phone usage while driving and you cannot get a bag for your groceries on checkout.  Not to mention sanctuary status, envirommental wacko laws, and so on.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2018, 02:48:29 pm »

And that's only until the new Hispanic/Atzlan party is launched, after which it will quickly assume the majority and even the white democrat-communists will become marginalized, as well...!

@Fishrrman Yup,and that's when the white lefties,who had so smugly assumed they would be on top of the food chain forever "because the darkies need us because they just can't take care of themselves" will pack up and move.

When that happens is when snipers need to be staked out all along the eastern side of the Ca border,with orders to shoot to kill any invaders.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 02:55:45 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2018, 02:52:12 pm »
Californication.

About the same all up and down the Rockies...  Best is ~PODUNK~, where it is still pretty much Mayberry.
 Seems like about the time the place is big enough for a town council, it's some place I don't want to be.

Yup@ town councils seem to have a way of warping into Homeowners Associations that give orders to police departments.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2018, 08:13:22 pm »

Yup@ town councils seem to have a way of warping into Homeowners Associations that give orders to police departments.

Yep. politics is the definitive agent of change. Californication doesn't penetrate the holler. It is a disease spread by county commissions, city councils, school boards, and as you said, Homo-ner Assholciations....

None of which can survive up in the holler.

Offline DB

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2018, 09:33:34 pm »
@dfwgator

There are conservative Californians that have deep roots in the state from the 1800s that have family ranches, farms and businesses. For those people who have worked hard and established themselves it is much harder to just pick up and move. The loss is substantial.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2018, 09:44:05 pm »
There are conservative Californians that have deep roots in the state from the 1800s that have family ranches, farms and businesses. For those people who have worked hard and established themselves it is much harder to just pick up and move. The loss is substantial.

That's a fact. I've punched cows with good ol boys from down in the Sierras.There is a distinction between them and the coast... Often that distinction is left wanting in the fact that the word 'California' has become a slur across most of the West.  I am sorry for that - but there ain't no fixing it, I'd guess.

I can guess at the sorrow of that, for all y'all from the Golden State that remember her in her glorious youth.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2018, 01:59:55 am »
You forgot to mention the snakes and bugs. You really haven't lived until you have had a good case of chiggers.
What are you talking about, here in California we have a whole lot of..............................................Oh, you said chiggers......................Never Mind!