Author Topic: GOP-controlled Washington surrenders to Democrats in budget battle  (Read 363 times)

Online corbe

GOP-controlled Washington surrenders to Democrats in budget battle

by David Leach • February 9, 2018

When I wrote an article earlier this week about how Democrats and Republicans—but I repeat myself—had joined hands to create a two-year budget deal that adds trillions of bankruptcy-inducing dollars to our unsustainable national debt, I was chastised by a few folks for being an “over-reactionary.”

While I was tempted to get a little defensive over their accusations, I’m happy to admit that they were right, and I was wrong. Now that some of the details of the budget deal have been made public—because creating and passing a bill before seeing what’s in it is the new normal in Washington—I see that things aren’t as bad as I thought they were. Instead, they’re worse.

Not only did Mitch McConnell completely obliterate any semblance of fiscal responsibility, he effectively continued the legacy of Barack Obama by surrendering his leadership responsibility to Chuck Schumer—something he does on a regular basis—by giving the senator from New York everything he wanted on the budget and healthcare.

Here are some of the lowlights of what Mickey and Chucky agreed to—subject to change, of course, based on how it affects the upcoming election (H/T Daniel Horowitz):

<..snip..>

http://www.stridentconservative.com/gop-controlled-washington-surrenders-to-democrats-in-budget-battle/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.