Author Topic: BREAKING. John Kelly Has Offered To Resign Over The Rob Porter Mess  (Read 308 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
By streiff
https://www.redstate.com/streiff/2018/02/09/breaking.-john-kelly-offered-resign-rob-porter-mess/

This comes via the Brian Ross network, so make of it what you will:

President Donald Trump, furious over the handling of domestic abuse allegations involving one of his closest aides, has spoken to confidantes about the possibility of replacing embattled Chief of Staff John Kelly, sources close to the president tell ABC News.

One confidante — longtime friend and former executive chairman of his inaugural committee, Tom Barrack — was approached to gauge his interest in the chief of staff position, a source familiar with the matter told ABC News. Barrack said he won’t take the job, the source said.

Kelly has made clear to the president in the last 24 hours that he’s willing to resign in light of the president’s dissatisfaction over the West Wing’s handling of the allegations against former Staff Secretary Rob Porter, according to sources who have spoken with Trump and Kelly.

. . . No matter what the facts are of who knew what when in the Porter case, there is nothing in there that merits Kelly being fired and it would be a catastrophic error for Trump to get rid of him because, right now, he may be the indispensable man.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline anubias

Re: BREAKING. John Kelly Has Offered To Resign Over The Rob Porter Mess
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 12:49:13 am »
Second resignation.  Speechwriter.  Accused of abuse according to FOX.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 12:58:01 am »
Oy!

It's getting harder not to think of dominos falling.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 12:58:02 am »
@anubias

I just saw that, speechwriter quit, and saw Trump is looking for a replacement for Kelly.
Heard yesterday or day before, when this came up about Porter, Trump called Reince Prievus (sp) to talk to him about Kelly, even though Trump had fired Reince to give the job to Kelly.   :shrug:

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 12:59:38 am »
@anubias

I just saw that, speechwriter quit, and saw Trump is looking for a replacement for Kelly.
Heard yesterday or day before, when this came up about Porter, Trump called Rinse Platypus (sp) to talk to him about Kelly, even though Trump had fired Rinse to give the job to Kelly.   :shrug:
@Victoria33
Fixed it for you! ;)

(And, yes, Donaldus Minimus asking Rinse Platypus for help with his successor's successor is kind of like George Steinbrenner asking Billy Martin for help with his successor's successor . . . )

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 01:06:45 am »
@Victoria33
Fixed it for you! ;)

(And, yes, Donaldus Minimus asking Rinse Platypus for help with his successor's successor is kind of like George Steinbrenner asking Billy Martin for help with his successor's successor . . . )

Fixed it for both of us:  Real name:  Reinhold Richard Priebus   Goes by name of "Reince".   :seeya:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 01:17:42 am »
I hope not. Things ran a lot smoother with Kelly in charge.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2018, 01:18:10 am »
Fixed it for both of us:  Real name:  Reinhold Richard Priebus   Goes by name of "Reince".   :seeya:
@Victoria33
You're a joke killer, you are! ;)

Offline anubias

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2018, 01:24:29 am »
@anubias

Heard yesterday or day before, when this came up about Porter, Trump called Reince Prievus (sp) to talk to him about Kelly, even though Trump had fired Reince to give the job to Kelly.   :shrug:

All reports about this link back to a NYT article that says Priebus denies it, but “several WH sources” claim it is true.  Kelly is also denying it.  With the media lying left and right, along with the FBI and DOJ feeding them lies, I never know what to believe.  I guess we’ll know next week when Kelly either stays or goes.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2018, 03:22:09 pm »
This is a demonrat wet dream.   Kelly isn't going anywhere.