Author Topic: Four days, $245 million: How Waymo v. Uber came to an end  (Read 642 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Four days, $245 million: How Waymo v. Uber came to an end
« on: February 10, 2018, 12:28:15 am »

CNET
BY DARA KERR
FEBRUARY 9, 2018 3:36 PM PST

It's rare for federal Judge William Alsup to be late to the bench in San Francisco's District Court. Known for his punctuality, he opened the previous four days of the Waymo v. Uber trial promptly at 7:30 a.m. Yet on Friday, he still hadn't arrived  by 7:48 a.m.

Moments later, his black robe flowing around him, Alsup entered the court and made an announcement.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are going to begin things slightly differently this morning," he said.

And then Alsup told the court room's lawyers, Uber and Waymo executives and handful of reporters -- including me -- that Waymo attorney Charles Verhoeven would address the court.

"We've reached a settlement this morning," Verhoeven said.

A collective gasp echoed throughout the room.

The case was expected to last at least three weeks.

(more)
https://www.cnet.com/news/waymo-v-uber-scenes-from-behind-the-settlement-deal-self-driving-cars-and-trade-secrets/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.