Author Topic: Rush: Does the Budget Deal Bother You?  (Read 584 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: Does the Budget Deal Bother You?
« on: February 09, 2018, 08:52:21 pm »

Does the Budget Deal Bother You?

Feb 9, 2018

RUSH: The budget deal. It’s a big deal. It’s a two-year budget deal. We talked about this yesterday. And remember, I had an idea. You know, there’s a lot of people wondering about (laughing), “What is going on?” All of this spending, combined with the tax cuts, deficits as far as the eye can see — and it doesn’t seem like it’s very Republican. It doesn’t seem like it’s very conservative. And they indeed they shut down the government for a couple hours and they got it reopen last night when the deal was agreed to.

Trump signed it early this morning. So essentially it’s a two-year budget deal. The main thing that I think — and I admit this is cynical. But I think it’s relevant. I think a lot of Republicans voted for this thing just to ensure they will not be accused of shutting down (laughing) the government for two years now. Do not doubt me on this. Do not. Being accused of shutting down the government is something they think they’re gonna be guilty of whether they have anything to do with it or not every time it’s charged, and this is how they generally do it.

They kick things down the road to avoid dealing with them, and this kicks the government shutdown two years down the road. To heck with whatever else happens here. There’s massive amounts of defense spending, but discretional spending is skyrocketing. It’s going through the roof. There’s not even any pretense here at balancing a budget. There’s not even any pretense here of (chuckling) making the government smaller. There not even a pretense. The conservative caucus, the Freedom Caucus in the House, is beside itself.

more
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/02/09/does-the-budget-deal-bother-you/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DB

Re: Rush: Does the Budget Deal Bother You?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 09:06:17 pm »
"There’s not even any pretense here at balancing a budget. There’s not even any pretense here of (chuckling) making the government smaller. There not even a pretense."

Well... Ya...

Trump was never a small government conservative. The Republicans for the most part have turned into big government spenders, just a different flavor of big government.

Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead...

It is why I'm not a Republican anymore...

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Rush: Does the Budget Deal Bother You?
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 02:34:41 am »
"There’s not even any pretense here at balancing a budget. There’s not even any pretense here of (chuckling) making the government smaller. There not even a pretense."

Well... Ya...

Trump was never a small government conservative. The Republicans for the most part have turned into big government spenders, just a different flavor of big government.

Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead...

It is why I'm not a Republican anymore...

Limbaugh doesn't even hide his pretense of being a big government cheerleader because his party and golfing pal is in power does he?

As we warned was going to happen with pragmatics vs principled, Republicans were going to morph into complete Populist Big-Government Statists and actual Conservatism was going to diminish into irrelevance and obscurity.

Here we are.

And indeed, it is also why I will never vote for anyone in the GOP ever again.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775