Author Topic: Trump administration may block permanent residency requests from visa recipients who receive governm  (Read 552 times)

Online corbe

Trump administration may block permanent residency requests from visa recipients who receive government benefits

by Anna Giaritelli | Feb 8, 2018, 3:34 PM

The Department of Homeland Security has drafted a proposal that would negatively affect legal immigrants' chances of attaining permanent residency in the U.S. if he or she used public benefits prior to applying for that status, according to a report published Thursday afternoon.

The proposed new rules would allow U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services officers to consider an applicant's reliance on taxpayer-funded benefits, including food assistance, government pre-school programs, utility bill subsidies, and health insurance premiums.

The proposal states a person would be deemed a "public charge" if he or she relies on "any government assistance in the form of cash, checks or other forms of money transfers, or instrument and non-cash government assistance in the form of aid, services, or other relief."

Acting DHS press secretary Tyler Houlton said any change to current policy would stay within the law and is only meant to safeguard taxpayers' money.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-administration-may-block-permanent-residency-requests-from-visa-recipients-who-receive-government-benefits/article/2648542
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Good! If you can't live here without being on the dole, then you shouldn't be here.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Excellent!  Do it now!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Can you hear that?   Wow!  Man the rat wailing has started.  God love the rat party.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 08:29:38 pm by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
When immigration advocates rant about the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, they fail to make clear how those entrants were screened for disease and sponsorship/self-support and even criminality.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Why not fix the problem?

Why are they getting gov't money to begin with?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Seems a good way to reduce the granting of permanent residency for lawbreakers.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington