Author Topic: Strzok May Have Used His Cell Phone In A SCIF (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility)  (Read 637 times)

Offline Hoodat

Strzok May Have Used His Cell Phone In A SCIF, Himself Breaking Classified-Info Rules

Luke Rosiak     |     3:25 PM 02/08/2018

Released texts between Peter Strzok, the FBI agent who ran the investigation into former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s email server, and his lover, FBI attorney Lisa Page, reveal the strong possibility that Strzok used his cell phone in a SCIF — a strict violation of protecting classified information.

Such a breach would compromise Strzok’s ability to probe Clinton for mishandling classified info and show a lack of awareness about security breaches, which is what he was tasked to investigate. The text messages that the Senate released Wednesday show that Strzok texted his mistress on Aug. 11, 2016, “We’re in Jims SCIF.”

SCIF stands for Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility, and it is where the most sensitive classified material is kept and story. SCIFs strictly bar all electronic equipment and require all people place their phones in lockers before entering.

The lead up to Strzok’s visit to “Jims SCIF” took place around meetings at the Department of Justice. Strzok said he had meetings at “DoJ at 4 then Baker 430.”

Hours later, Page responds, “Can you and [redacted woman] come up and see me when you are done? Is [redacted woman] with you? Can you please come up here?”

“Walking to see JB. She is still in 4017,” Strzok texted in response at 4:31 p.m.

“We’re in Jims SCIF,” Strzok texted five minutes later. JB/Jim may refer to Jim Baker, then the FBI’s general counsel and a close ally of then-FBI Director Jim Comey.

James Waurishuk, a retired Air Force colonel, senior career strategic intelligence officer and National Security Council staffer, told The Daily Caller News Foundation that cell phones are stictly prohibited in the SCIF.

“You just don’t do it. And most places they will make sure they don’t have one with you. To not only bring it in but actually use it, I can’t fathom that,” he said. “And then to be texting your girlfriend — you’re not allowed to use it even for official government use.”

Strzok was investigating Clinton to determine whether her use of a private email server put classified information outside of secure channels. Strzok later expressed concern after he discovered the FBI had failed to detect emails that were openly labeled classified.

“That he’s investigating this while at the same time being guilty of similar violations — apparently texting in a SCIF — the irony is crippling, Waurishuk noted. “He can’t say she [Clinton] can’t do it when he’s doing it himself in the very performance of the investigation into her. Then there’s the issue that if it didn’t occur to him not do to this, is it going to jump out to him if Clinton does similar?”  .  .  .

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/08/strzok-cell-phone-scif/

I have been in a SCIF building before (DOE nuclear site).  As you enter, you hear a repeated recording warning you that cell phones are not allowed.  Lockers are available.  And once you proceed through the next door, if you get caught with a cell phone, you go straight to jail.  No questions asked.  No exceptions.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

What a moron this guy is! We shouldn't need a special prosecutor for this - the gubmint should do whatever it would do to any other moron using a cell phone in a SCIF.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I worked in them for 10 years.  Everything in a scif is at least top secret.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online mountaineer

A friend of mine had to go to an FBI facility a few years ago to be questioned about some wrongdoing by her boss. She had to surrender her phone at the door, and it wasn't a SCIF. Had she tried to sneak her phone in, I doubt the authorities would have turned a blind eye.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline anubias

This guy is a disgrace.  I’m guessing the only reason they haven’t fired him yet is that they’re trying to figure out how to arkancide him and the whore.