Author Topic: Meet The New Gerber’s Baby — The First Ever With Down Syndrome  (Read 1221 times)

Offline endicom

Hot Air
Allahpundit
Feb. 7, 2018

I’d call it a palate cleanser except that those are usually dumb and frothy. This is significant, and so sweet that it’s hard to watch without getting emotional. In a vacuum, a corporate ad gig is just a contest. Little Lucas won the baby equivalent of a beauty pageant, and rightly so. He’s cute as hell. Nothing more to it than that.

More... https://hotair.com/archives/2018/02/07/meet-new-gerbers-baby-first-ever-downs-syndrome/

Offline kalee

He is adorable! Such a happy little guy.

Offline endicom

He is adorable! Such a happy little guy.

True, but I posted this because Gerber dared go against the abortion crowd.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
He IS adorable.  Downs children can be such a blessing.

Interesting move by Gerber. 

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

:thumbsup:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline endicom

Start of a trend?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline musiclady

GOOD move by Gerber!

Downs' babies are slaughtered, even here in America, and if a few people notice because of this precious child, it's a good thing.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
The cynic in me say's.... well it is hard to sell baby food to feed an aborted baby.  Also Gerber is owned by the Nestlé Group.   I wonder how they sold this to home office.

Now having said that.  I applaud the decision.  I hope the knuckleheads that are offended by everything just STFU over this.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Victoria33

@Freya
@mystery-ak
@CatherineofAragon

Two stories about Down's syndrome/mentally regarded kids:
I was an assoc. psychologist/psychological examiner for a jr. high school and senior high school that was next door.  In the jr. high, I was in charge of the learning disabled and a class of mentally retarded students, some with Down's syndrome.  They were jr. high age and older.

One day I had to help the teacher of the mentally retarded class as she was in trouble with the principal for a short time.  A child with Down's syndrome wants three things, love, a bed and food.  One of the Down's syndrome, a teen age boy, did something so wrong, the teacher held him back when the others went to the cafeteria for food.  He threw a major fit and the teacher did what she had been trained to do.  To keep him from hurting himself, she got him on the floor and laid on top of him to stop his movement.  She was a larger type woman and her weight on top of him stopped his movement.  Someone saw her on the floor on top of this kid and reported it to the principal that she was hurting a kid.

When she was summoned to principal's office, and this kid could now be left with the teacher's aid, I went with her to his office.  Once the principal was told the truth of the matter, that she acted to prevent kid from hurting himself, that was over.  Later, the teacher told me she would never again keep a Down's syndrome kid from food.

Another story:
The regular kids in this jr. high knew about this class, would see them in cafeteria as they were finishing their food (this class went to cafeteria before all other classes went), and walking with their teacher within the school.  At the end of the year, when the 9th graders were going to be in the high school the next year, some of them went to principal and told him they wanted the mentally retarded class to go with them to high school.  What a fine group of students they were to want that class to stay with them.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 03:41:36 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
@Freya
@mystery-ak
@CatherineofAragon

Two stories about Down's syndrome/mentally regarded kids:
I was an assoc. psychologist/psychological examiner for a jr. high school and senior high school that was next door.  In the jr. high, I was in charge of the learning disabled and a class of mentally retarded students, some with Down's syndrome.  They were jr. high age and older.

One day I had to help the teacher of the mentally retarded class as she was in trouble with the principal for a short time.  A child with Down's syndrome wants three things, love, a bed and food.  One of the Down's syndrome, a teen age boy, did something so wrong, the teacher held him back when the others went to the cafeteria for food.  He threw a major fit and the teacher did what she had been trained to do.  To keep him from hurting himself, she got him on the floor and laid on top of him to stop his movement.  She was a larger type woman and her weight on top of him stopped his movement.  Someone saw her on the floor on top of this kid and reported it to the principal that she was hurting a kid.

When she was summoned to principal's office, and this kid could now be left with the teacher's aid, I went with her to his office.  Once the principal was told the truth of the matter, that she acted to prevent kid from hurting himself, that was over.  Later, the teacher told me she would never again keep a Down's syndrome kid from food.

Another story:
The regular kids in this jr. high knew about this class, would see them in cafeteria as they were finishing their food (this class went to cafeteria before all other classes went), and walking with their teacher within the school.  At the end of the year, when the 9th graders were going to be in the high school the next year, some of them went to principal and told him they wanted the mentally retarded class to go with them to high school.  What a fine group of students they were to want that class to stay with them.

I don't take issue with it; but I guess nowadays, one is suppose to say "mentally challenged".  Good stories though.

Offline bolobaby

So disingenuous to watch those abortion loving liberals interview these parents. You know what they are thinking in the back of their mind...
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
*retard* is a disgusting term used by someone who has no idea what it is like to have a mentally challenged child in your family.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34