Author Topic: FBI informant on Uranium One Breaks Silence Today  (Read 707 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

FBI informant on Uranium One Breaks Silence Today
« on: February 08, 2018, 11:41:12 am »
FBI informant on Uranium One Breaks Silence Today
Testified to three committees on Capitol Hill
saracarter.com, Feb 7, 2018, Sara Carter

An informant who spent years gathering information on the Russian energy and uranium market industry for the FBI, met staff members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, House Oversight, and House Intelligence Committees on Wednesday. He gave explosive testimony on his years as an undercover informant providing information to the FBI on Russian criminal networks operating in the United States. He also contends in his testimony, and written briefs, to the FBI that Russia attempted to hide its ongoing aid to help sustain Iran’s nuclear industry, at the time the Obama administration approved the sale of 20 percent of U.S. uranium mining rights to Russia.

William D. Campbell, an American businessman, provided extensive information on other counterintelligence issues to the FBI for decades and he had also provided information to the CIA on various issues during his time overseas.

“For several years my relationship with the CIA consisted of being debriefed after foreign travel,” Campbell noted in his testimony, which was obtained by this reporter. “Gradually, the relationship evolved into the CIA tasking me to travel to specific countries to obtain specific information. In the 1990’s I developed a working relationship with Kazakhstan and Russia in their nuclear energy industries. When I told the CIA of this development, I was turned over to FBI counterintelligence agents.”   

The informant’s attorney, Victoria Toensing partner at the firm DiGenova & Toensing, said the following:

Read more:  https://saraacarter.com/fbi-informant-uranium-one-breaks-silence-today/

Re: FBI informant on Uranium One Breaks Silence Today
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 11:42:40 am »
A long and detailed history is presented here ....

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 12:02:22 pm »
Uranium One informant makes Clinton allegations in testimony
The Hill, Feb 7, 2018, John Solomon

<snip>

Campbell said Russian nuclear officials “told me at various times that they expected APCO to apply a portion of the $3 million annual lobbying fee it was receiving from the Russians to provide in-kind support for the Clinton’s Global Initiative,” he added in the testimony. 

“The contract called for four payments of $750,000 over twelve months. APCO was expected to give assistance free of charge to the Clinton Global Initiative as part of their effort to create a favorable environment to ensure the Obama administration made affirmative decisions on everything from Uranium One to the U.S.-Russia Civilian Nuclear Cooperation agreement. “

APCO officials told The Hill that its support for CGI and its work with Russia were not connected in any way, and in fact involved different divisions of the firm. They added their lobbying for Russia did not involve Uranium One but rather focused on regulatory issues aimed at helping Russia better compete for nuclear fuel contracts inside the United States.

More: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/372861-uranium-one-informant-makes-clinton-allegations-in-testimony

« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 12:02:58 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 12:06:53 pm »
Let's just hope he doesn't die of suicide by shooting himself 8 times in the back of the head, stabbing himself a dozen times in the chest, and then jumping off a bridge.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 02:34:40 pm »
Let's just hope he doesn't die of suicide by shooting himself 8 times in the back of the head, stabbing himself a dozen times in the chest, and then jumping off a bridge.

Or simply walking down a street in DC alone.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 06:36:33 pm »
@Right Smarts

Oh, my goodness me, even more!

In 2016, Campbell filed a lawsuit in Maryland federal court against the Russian nuclear entities asking for the return of the money he had to launder out of his own paychecks. His lawyers were advised by the DOJ a few days of filing the lawsuit that prosecutors in the Fraud Section of the Justice Department under then-Attorney General Loretta Lynch, demanded the withdrawal the lawsuit. According to a letter, obtained by this reporter, the DOJ threatened to destroy Campbell’s reputation and prosecute him for violating a non-disclosure agreement he had signed with the FBI.

Late last year, the Department of Justice under Attorney General Jeff Sessions lifted Campbell’s NDA agreement so he could speak to Congress about his case and involvement in the investigation.

So Campbell sued for the lack of returns for laundered money?  What?

"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 08:04:32 pm »
Or simply walking down a street in DC alone.

I've read that he's quite sick, cancer, I think .... so on the one hand it's almost miraculous he was able to testify; on the other someone needs to carefully double-check the medication he'll receive from this point on.   :smokin:

@Bigun