Author Topic: Senate Reaches Bipartisan Deal to Keep the Government Open By Spending More Money On Everything  (Read 218 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Both parties agree on more spending and bigger deficits
By Peter Suderman
http://reason.com/blog/2018/02/07/senate-reaches-bipartisan-deal-to-keep-t/print

After weeks of negotiation, Republicans and Democrats in the Senate have reached the outlines of a spending deal that would avert a government shutdown.

Democratic Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer called the deal "the first real sprout of bipartisanship," and said he hoped it would "break the long cycle of spending crises that have snarled Congress." Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, the chamber's top Republican, called the agreement a "significant bipartisan step forward" and suggested that it could help "make 2018 a year of significant achievement for Congress."

So how did the two sides finally come together? They decided to spend more—on everything. And they'll worry about paying for it later (or maybe not at all) . . .
-------------------------------------------------------
With a "significant achievement" like that, give me a do-nothing Congress any old day.---EA.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline ConstitutionRose

"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.