Author Topic: The Real FISA Scandal..........Andrew Klavan  (Read 490 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Real FISA Scandal..........Andrew Klavan
« on: February 07, 2018, 02:20:40 pm »
The Real FISA Scandal
A bill for eight years of willful media blindness is starting to come due.
Andrew Klavan
February 4, 2018 Politics and law

Scandal is not an exact science. But on a scale of “nothingburger” (Bret Stephens of the New York Times) to “worse than Watergate” (GOP congressman Steve King), the information in the House Intelligence Committee FISA Memo comes in at about a solid seven. It now seems very likely the FBI and Department of Justice deceived a FISA court with an uncorroborated piece of Democrat-funded oppo research in order to obtain a warrant to spy on American citizen Carter Page. If, as seems reasonable to conjecture, the broader target turns out to have been the Donald Trump presidential campaign for which Page had recently worked, the needle on the scandal meter will begin to edge up into the red zone.

Let’s put it this way: if this sort of thing had gone on under President Trump or even George W. Bush, the Times would have announced the news in front-page headlines so large it would have taken two strong men just to carry the letters to the press room. An enormous collection of Times reportage on the subject—with a black cover and some title like “The Path to Tyranny”—would have been on the bookstore shelves within the month.

more
https://www.city-journal.org/html/real-fisa-scandal-15706.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: The Real FISA Scandal..........Andrew Klavan
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 03:01:31 pm »
Andrew is EXACTLY right!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 01:45:14 am »
The Democrat Party, in its current state, is a rotten, stinking, corrupt pile of fecal matter.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 03:37:37 am »
All this—really a steady stream of deceptions and abuses of power—while journalists kowtowed to, flattered, and ultimately raved about the administration being “scandal-free.” The press sacrificed its credibility with eight years of willful blindness. Those who asked with the ancient Roman poet Juvenal, “Who will guard the guardians?” were answered by the self-styled heroes of journalistic truth-telling: “Not us.”

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 04:15:17 am »
The Democrat Party, in its current state, is a rotten, stinking, corrupt pile of fecal matter.

So is the GOP and the whole of the Federal Beast at Mordor on the Potomac.

It's not just one party or one agency.

We do liberty and truth a grave injustice by ignoring that fact.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline anubias

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 10:43:47 am »
I keep thinking there is going to come a time that they will be shamed into honest reporting, then I realize I am delusional as these people cannot feel shame without a moral compass.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 02:53:22 pm »
I keep thinking there is going to come a time that they will be shamed into honest reporting, then I realize I am delusional as these people cannot feel shame without a moral compass.
Lib reporters (most reporters) do not view Republicans as people of a political party. To these libs Republicans are EVIL!!!! scum who are trying to impede/stop the holy progressive agenda. They, Republicans, deserve to be destroyed by any means necessary, fair or foul according to lib media types. To libs the constitution is just something they use for toilet paper.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 03:08:41 pm »
I think one of the problems is that those who receive their training at a university school of journalism are instructed/indoctrinated that their job - the purpose of journalism - is to influence people, not to inform them by reporting facts. When I was writing for a local newspaper a few years ago, the dean of the J-school of a major university stopped by, gave a little talk to us reporters and proudly expressly stated that is what they were teaching at her school. Two of us with undergraduate degrees not in journalism or communications just looked at each other in shock. We always thought we were there to report what happened, not to cherry pick facts to fit a persuasive narrative.

The other problem is that we are living in a culture that rejects the notion of absolute truth, and that includes right and wrong. I suspect the moral compass of some so-called reporters points wherever they want it to point. Right and wrong are up to them.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2018, 03:11:14 pm »
I think one of the problems is that those who receive their training at a university school of journalism are instructed/indoctrinated that their job - the purpose of journalism - is to influence people, not to inform them by reporting facts. When I was writing for a local newspaper a few years ago, the dean of the J-school of a major university stopped by, gave a little talk to us reporters and proudly expressly stated that is what they were teaching at her school. Two of us with undergraduate degrees not in journalism or communications just looked at each other in shock. We always thought we were there to report what happened, not to cherry pick facts to fit a persuasive narrative.

The other problem is that we are living in a culture that rejects the notion of absolute truth, and that includes right and wrong. I suspect the moral compass of some so-called reporters points wherever they want it to point. Right and wrong are up to them.

@mountaineer

I think you are EXACTLY right!  In fact, I know you are.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline anubias

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2018, 06:33:03 pm »

Thank you for the explanation @mountaineer  I had no idea.  Now I am the one that is shocked.