Author Topic: How Senior-Level Corruption Can Affect Entire Government Agencies Like The FBI  (Read 407 times)

Online corbe

How Senior-Level Corruption Can Affect Entire Government Agencies Like The FBI

There is no bigger prize for authoritarians in a free nation than to take over the institutions focused on national security, because these gather sensitive data on people and organizations.

By Stella Morabito   
February 6, 2018

Today’s political left has been promoting the Federal Bureau of Investigation as an incorruptible institution. Although its talking points now tend to treat the release of the House Intelligence Committee surveillance abuse memo as a dud, Democratic leadership and its support system in the media was apoplectic about its impending release.

No doubt they feared it would incriminate Democratic leadership under the past administration for abuse of power—namely to obtain a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act warrant to surveil an American in the aim of bringing down President Trump.

Much has been written about the whole sordid story, from the Christopher Steele dossier to “insurance policies” in the event of a Trump election. I’m not going to get into those details. One of the most compelling assessments of the abuse of FBI power both to exonerate Hillary Clinton and frame Trump comes from federal prosecutor Joe diGenova. Also, as John Davidson recently wrote in The Federalist, politicization and abuses of power permeated President Obama-era departments and agencies, most obviously the Internal Revenue Service.

Instead, I’d like to focus on two other questions worth pondering. First, why are leftists painting the intelligence services and the FBI—their longtime bogeymen—as suddenly above reproach? Second, how might the politicization of senior level officials affect rank-and-file government workers?

Why Is the Left Suddenly in Love with the FBI?

<..snip..>

http://thefederalist.com/2018/02/06/senior-level-corruption-can-affect-entire-government-agencies/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline anubias

Good article @corbe. Thanks for posting it.

Offline DB

The left are sheep being herded around by their masters whichever direction their masters decide best suits their purposes... The direction they run matters little as long as it serves the moments need... It can change on a dime... And often does...

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@corbe @anubias

Some years ago now I attended a management seminar.  One of those things where they lock you up in a hotel for a few days and attempt to teach you how to work together.  During the first hour of the first day the guy running the show told us that we, the people in that room, were the ones who created the culture at XXXXX and he was exactly right!  it's true for any organization that the management determines what the culture will be.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline anubias

@corbe @anubias

Some years ago now I attended a management seminar.  One of those things where they lock you up in a hotel for a few days and attempt to teach you how to work together.  During the first hour of the first day the guy running the show told us that we, the people in that room, were the ones who created the culture at XXXXX and he was exactly right!  it's true for any organization that the management determines what the culture will be.

One must adhere to that culture or begone.  I subscribe to it myself. 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
One must adhere to that culture or begone.  I subscribe to it myself.

Kinda like a law of physics I think.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

Good article @corbe. Thanks for posting it.

Your welcome @anubias I knew there would be Briefers that enjoyed this as much as I did.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.