Author Topic: I detest Trump, but a ‘redneck’ fixed my Prius with zip ties  (Read 630 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Leftist hate knows no bounds.

By Ruth Mayer, Charlotte Observer
Published: February 2, 2018
Updated: February 2, 2018 at 05:57 PM

I went to the Women’s March in Washington, D.C., and I arrived home feeling heartbroken. It was the last way I expected to feel.

I had spent the morning sitting on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial with my 16-year-old daughter, Katherine, whose silent tears on election night in 2016 had marked the beginning of this national nightmare for me. She had insisted we drive from Charlotte to D.C. this year so that we could "protest in front of the president’s house." We heard all of the inspiring speakers; we relished the creativity of the posters and slogans. Being among so many like-minded people was comforting. I heard one woman say, "I love being here today. It makes me feel less alone."

I wanted to be with people who shared my anger. Because I have been so angry about Donald Trump this past year. I have been angry at my country for electing this man, angry at my neighbors who support him, angry at the wealthy who sacrificed our country and its goodness for tax breaks, angry at the coal miners who believed his promises.

My fury has been bottomless. I drink my morning coffee from a cup that says, "I hate to wake up when Donald Trump is President." The constancy of my outrage has been exhausting, yet I have not yet found a way to quell it — nearly each day has brought a new reason to stoke the fire. But a day with my daughter, communing with the angry and the aggrieved, seemed a good way to try.

After the march, Katherine and I hit the road in the late afternoon, feeling good; we had done our part to express our outrage. We were about 90 minutes south of D.C. when I heard a terrible popping sound. I assumed I had blown a tire and headed toward the nearest exit. The popping was followed by screeching — were we now driving on metal? Luckily, there was a gas station right off the exit.

http://www.tampabay.com/opinion/columns/Column-I-detest-Trump-but-a-redneck-fixed-my-Prius-with-zip-ties-_165095870
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: I detest Trump, but a ‘redneck’ fixed my Prius with zip ties
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 08:10:09 pm »
How does she know he knows/cares about Trump? Most rednecks I know, real ones, don't give a damn about politics.

She's just stereotyping. I thought that was bad?

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 08:22:02 pm »
Boy is she over the top. What a tool. 

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 08:27:55 pm »
The problem is, they don't realize that their 'outrage' stems from a consdescending, patronizing, elitist suburbanite sense of liberal entitlement, and the fact that the current Prez doesn't obey those rules like the last one did.

So basically it's a self-willed child's temper tantrum.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 08:52:35 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 08:35:46 pm »
I know there are people out there like her.  Your basic pu$$y hat wearing pseudo intellectual elitist snobs.  Thankfully I don't have to deal with them often in our little community of conservative thought.  They are out there, I see them on our Bookface page.  Vile despicable little creatures.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 08:47:23 pm »
A STELLAR example of an imbecile who looks at the presidency as a divine monarchy that affects her immediate outlook on life - simply because of whom is sitting in the oval office.

Her admission ought to also wake us up to the fact that as a people - the fundamental compact of a civil society is long broken.  Her desire to hate, and her openness about it is jus more evidence that the veneer of civilization is thin indeed.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 08:55:34 pm »
Redneck?

Leftist idiot dumping on the South again.

Tear down more Statues and move on to the next "We're Sending A Message!" round of insults and Anarchy.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 08:56:01 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 09:11:20 pm »
Redneck?

Leftist idiot dumping on the South again.

Tear down more Statues and move on to the next "We're Sending A Message!" round of insults and Anarchy.

Well, the guy referred to himself as a "redneck". Read the article.

Offline anubias

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2018, 09:18:42 pm »
As I drove home, I felt the full extent to which Trump has actually diminished my own desire to be kind. He is keeping me so outraged that I hold ill will toward others on a daily basis. Trump is not just ruining our nation, he is ruining me. By the end of the drive, I felt heartbroken.

She blames Trump not her own idiocy.  Unbelievable.

Offline DB

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2018, 09:41:02 pm »
Just another morally superior raging liberal idiot that has no clue about much of anything. Spreading the hate around because she's a follower and can't think for herself.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2018, 09:51:44 pm »
She blames Trump not her own idiocy.  Unbelievable.

Thats the takeaway from this story. This lady has the leftist 'I'm OK you're all f'ed up' syndrome bad.

Offline Millee

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2018, 10:03:22 pm »
We held porch parties in the summer and a progressive dinner at Christmas. We put being a cohesive neighborhood above politics.

That "progressive dinner at Christmas" sounds like a hoot.

Offline anubias

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2018, 10:07:33 pm »
Thats the takeaway from this story. This lady has the leftist 'I'm OK you're all f'ed up' syndrome bad.

Indeed.   :beer:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2018, 10:10:34 pm »
One of the comments to the article struck me as prescient:

There is a massive amount of anger in this article - but about what ?
Neither Ruth nor her daughter are being harmed. They are having nothing that is theirs taken from them.

The anger is entirely over the coming to power of people who believe differently than she does.

Ms. Mayer is proud of herself, her neighbors, her country - but not for what it has done, but what it has signaled.
Ms. Mayer is proud that she tolerates people from the tea party in HER neighborhood.

It is implied such people can exist, they can talk, they can even vote - but should they win, should they attain political power - the entire world collapses. Divergent views are only acceptable when she has the power to decide which ideology all of us must conform our conduct to.

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2018, 10:14:24 pm »
I sized him up as a Trump voter, just as he likely drew inferences from my Prius and RESIST sticker.
What a self-centered ninny. He was looking at the damn bumper, not the sticker on the "side" of her car (is she trying to destroy the paintjob?), and I doubt he gave a rat's rear end about the make and model. This woman has elevated prejudice to an artform. Incidentally, I have conservative relatives with a Prius. So what. I don't judge.

As I drove home, I felt the full extent to which Trump has actually diminished my own desire to be kind. He is keeping me so outraged that I hold ill will toward others on a daily basis. Trump is not just ruining our nation, he is ruining me. By the end of the drive, I felt heartbroken.
She held ill will long before this bumper incident occurred. Is she really that fragile that she lets other people's imagined attitudes control her thoughts and feelings? He is keeping her outraged? This woman needs professional help. And a better car.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2018, 10:16:18 pm »
Ruth Mayer is a development and communications consultant....

...a jackass no one likes, smells bad because she doesn't use deodorant, has a husband who hasn't touched her in 12 years and a three bottle a day Merlot drinking problem in Charlotte, N.C.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2018, 10:27:41 pm »
We held porch parties in the summer and a progressive dinner at Christmas. We put being a cohesive neighborhood above politics.

That "progressive dinner at Christmas" sounds like a hoot.

"Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out."
David Horowitz
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2018, 04:26:00 am »
What a self-centered ninny. He was looking at the damn bumper, not the sticker on the "side" of her car (is she trying to destroy the paintjob?), and I doubt he gave a rat's rear end about the make and model. This woman has elevated prejudice to an artform. Incidentally, I have conservative relatives with a Prius. So what. I don't judge.
She held ill will long before this bumper incident occurred. Is she really that fragile that she lets other people's imagined attitudes control her thoughts and feelings? He is keeping her outraged? This woman needs professional help. And a better car.

Says so much more about her than the guy who came to her rescue.  She is projecting.