Author Topic: Rush: An Explanation for Market Volatility You’ll Hear No Place Else  (Read 537 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

An Explanation for Market Volatility You’ll Hear No Place Else

Feb 6, 2018

RUSH: We have this mysterious roller-coaster stock market. Yesterday when the market was going through its gyrations and plummeting down, you know what the Drive-Bys did? They put a side-by-side of the Dow Jones Industrial Average with Trump speaking in Cincinnati and tried to make it look like Trump is the reason the market is plummeting. And one of the explanations that they’re giving — and this is not new.  I’ve been familiar with this for a long time.

They’re saying that this economic growth, this wild economic growth and all of this job creation and the accompanying wage increases is putting inflationary pressures on the economy, and the Federal Reserve says, “We’re gonna have to raise interest rates,” and that supposedly is causing the market to plunge. What causes markets to plunge is uncertainty, and I’m gonna give you another ingredient — a potential ingredient — into this market seesaw, if you will, and that is this.

Not everybody in the market is a Democrat.  Not everybody in the market is an uber-liberal.  There are a lot of people in the market who I think are very, very alarmed by the instability brought about by this attempt to get rid of Donald Trump.  Now, you’ll never see that excuse published.  You’ll never see that reason given as an explanation for market volatility, but as far as I’m concerned, you can’t take that out of the equation here.  So he there are a lot of factors that go into this.  The market right now is up a hundred points.

more
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/02/06/an-explanation-for-market-volatility-youll-hear-no-place-else/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
That really made my head hurt. Rush is trying to take the place of Bill O'Reilly and his screaming about market manipulation.

It is simple-
The market was over-valued.
The USD has been going down (which in part caused the over-value of the market).

Then...
The Federal Reserve changes leadership and makes a few comments about uncertainty.
The USD makes an upward bump.
This triggers automated selling.
...and it caused a domino effect..

BUT, as many people here mentioned yesterday, this is just a correction, not a crash, and certainly not enough of a percent change to be screaming conspiracy and manipulation.

I miss rational Rush.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I miss rational Rush.

I gave him up for dead.

He is so far up Trump's ass, I don't know where one ends and the other begins.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775