Author Topic: After a celebration in Mexico, two priests are gunned down on a highway  (Read 476 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
After a celebration in Mexico, two priests are gunned down on a highway

By Kate Linthicum
Feb 05, 2018 | 4:55 PM
| MEXICO CITY

Two priests were returning home from a religious celebration in a small town in southern Mexico on Monday when a vehicle suddenly cut in front of their van, blocking their path.

It was then, authorities said, that unknown assailants pulled out guns and opened fire. The priests, Ivan Añorve Jaimes and Germain Muñiz Garcia, were killed. Two men and two women traveling with the priests were wounded, authorities said.

The early morning incident on a winding rural highway drew condemnations from the local Catholic diocese and the governor of Guerrero state, where the town of Juliantla is located. It also underscored the threats faced by clergy in Mexico, where in the last five years, 21 Catholic priests have been killed.

Read more at: http://www.latimes.com/world/mexico-americas/la-fg-mexico-slain-priests-20180205-story.html

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: After a celebration in Mexico, two priests are gunned down on a highway
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 05:49:01 am »
Gunmen Kill 6, Wound 14 At Cockfight Club In Northern Mexico

(AP) – Authorities in northern Mexico say gunmen shot up a clandestine cockfight arena in the Chihuahua state capital, killing six people and wounding 14.  The state prosecutor’s office says in a statement that several masked attackers fired at people gathered at the “Santa Maria” cockfight club late Saturday off a highway on the southern edge of Chihuahua city.

Read more: http://www.kurv.com/gunmen-kill-6-wound-14-at-cockfight-club-in-northern-mexico/

It's gotten so bad, I've started to just pass by the usual tales of violence, say like this story. It's beyond repair currently. Maybe someone can shape up the country.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 05:54:18 am »
Maybe someone can shape up the country.

Why bother.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 05:54:46 am »
It's gotten so bad, I've started to just pass by the usual tales of violence, say like this story. It's beyond repair currently. Maybe someone can shape up the country.

There are a few million illegals here that supposedly want a better life that could.  However, there's some kind of moral imperative that necessitates we figure out a way to keep them here and give them citizenship someday.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 03:40:31 am »
There are a few million illegals here that supposedly want a better life that could.  However, there's some kind of moral imperative that necessitates we figure out a way to keep them here and give them citizenship someday.
The problem is that there are a few million illegals here that say they want a better life, but just bring and foster the same third world violence here. I see a moral imperative that we root those out, insure they never get citizenship any day, and boot them back to where they came from. Does that make a bad person...............or just sane?