Author Topic: Why I HATE Cracked.com!!!  (Read 2399 times)

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
Why I HATE Cracked.com!!!
« on: February 02, 2018, 10:41:27 pm »
Cracked.com is a self proclaimed "Humor and Video Site" that usually does neither of those things correctly. Its not humorous and their videos are disappointing, as is their writing. In this video I'll be examining an article written by an executive at Cracked.com who was never held enough as a child - or maybe he was held for too long - oxygen deprivation is the only way to explain this mess. The article is titled: "5 Ways Modern Men Are Trained to Hate Women" and it has a self hating social justice message, in case the title didn't tip you off. In a way this is political for basically stating that "All Men" treat women badly, which I didn't find to be humorous at all. Zero out of Ten Stars, won't read again.

https://youtu.be/swvb81TysYs
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline The_Reader_David

Re: Why I HATE Cracked.com!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 04:02:12 pm »
What did you expect from a site that's derivative from a poor imitation of Mad Magazine?
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 04:12:19 pm »
Someone does the first in everything and then, followed by copiers, it's not like there is one superhero, there isn't even one company that makes superhero comics.

I think the original Cracked did pick up some good artists in their cartoons.  We need a strong marketplace.

Sick was another one, around way back in the time of JFK?

The more the merrier per those magazines, as for Cracked.com, yes, that seems to be a leftist outfit. One would really need to research to see if Mad was more against or for, certain political parties back in the day.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 04:17:55 pm »
Crazy was late to the game, I guess Marvel published them:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 06:00:18 pm »
When I was a kid, I read both Mad and Cracked. I never really liked Cracked as much as Mad, maybe because back then Don Martin and Dave Berg were regular contributors.

My guilty pleasure is I've had a subscription to Mad since HS. Yes, it's true.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 06:13:11 pm »
I read Cracked as a kid. I don't think Cracked.com is related to the Cracked comic book. Maybe I'm wrong? I don't know.

I go to Cracked.com almost every day. They are very far Left and very anti-Trump and pro-Global Warming and all the usual stuff. But it is not overwhelming. I like their stuff, most of the time. However, it is true that you absolutely cannot take them as serious journalist or serious scientists. Even as a common layman, I have read a lot of what they call "facts" on Cracked.com which are simply empirically not true.

As long you take it with a grain of skepticism, Cracked.com is OK. Our old buddy EC claimed to write for them now and then. They don't always their facts right but it is a comedy site so, what the hell?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 06:13:47 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 06:15:26 pm »
I miss @EC
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 07:30:33 pm »
I read Cracked as a kid. I don't think Cracked.com is related to the Cracked comic book. Maybe I'm wrong? I don't know.

I go to Cracked.com almost every day. They are very far Left and very anti-Trump and pro-Global Warming and all the usual stuff. But it is not overwhelming. I like their stuff, most of the time. However, it is true that you absolutely cannot take them as serious journalist or serious scientists. Even as a common layman, I have read a lot of what they call "facts" on Cracked.com which are simply empirically not true.

As long you take it with a grain of skepticism, Cracked.com is OK. Our old buddy EC claimed to write for them now and then. They don't always their facts right but it is a comedy site so, what the hell?

I think Cracked is, in fact, related to the magazine.  I seem to remember reading about that in their "about" section.

As for EC writing some stuff there, I'd believe that.  They are pretty open about developing readers into submitters, they have an entire forum devoted to showing people how to write and make pitches for articles.  One of the good things about Cracked.com.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 07:31:41 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2018, 07:31:15 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2018, 07:47:08 pm »
I think Cracked is, in fact, related to the magazine.  I seem to remember reading about that in their "about" section.

As for EC writing some stuff there, I'd believe that.  They are pretty open about developing readers into submitters, they have an entire forum devoted to showing people how to write and make pitches for articles.  One of the good things about Cracked.com.

Yeah. I was just reading that very development page yesterday. Who knows, with as open as they are about submissions, maybe I'll try to drop something over there sometime. They are always begging for submissions, so there's really nothing to lose by trying.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2018, 08:11:12 pm »

Yeah. I was just reading that very development page yesterday. Who knows, with as open as they are about submissions, maybe I'll try to drop something over there sometime. They are always begging for submissions, so there's really nothing to lose by trying.

And they'll pay you if you succeed.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2018, 10:44:19 pm »
Cracked was a poor man's mad magazine in my youth.