Author Topic: A woman tried to bring an emotional-support peacock on a United flight, and it reveals a growing cri  (Read 1154 times)

Offline RoosGirl

According to Live and Let's Fly, the woman said the peacock was an emotional-support animal, allowed to fly for free. While the woman also offered to pay for the peacock's ticket, the blog said, United would not let the animal onto the flight.

United said in a statement to Business Insider: "This animal did not meet guidelines for a number of reasons, including its weight and size. We explained this to the customer on three separate occasions before she arrived at the airport."

The airline also said it requires passengers to "provide documentation from a medical professional and at least 48 hours' advance notice" before bringing an emotional-support animal onto a flight.

Continued - http://www.businessinsider.com/united-denies-womans-attempt-to-bring-peacock-onto-flight-2018-1

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

What a shame.   Would have made great company for my emotional support Florida panther.

For a minute or so.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline RoosGirl

What a shame.   Would have made great company for my emotional support Florida panther.

For a minute or so.

I don't know about that, but if I was sitting next to that lady and her bird ate my emotional support grub worms I would be pissed.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I don't know about that, but if I was sitting next to that lady and her bird ate my emotional support grub worms I would be pissed.

In that case, by the transitive property of emotional support animals, you would be pissed at me.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline RoosGirl

In that case, by the transitive property of emotional support animals, you would be pissed at me.

Not if your kitty was faster than her bird. :)