Author Topic: Kim Kardashian Slammed For Calling Her Cornrows 'Bo Derek Braids'  (Read 713 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Whatever it was that Kim never had, she still hasn't got it.
--

By Carly Ledbetter
It’s Monday, the sun is shining (somewhere) and Kim Kardashian is under fire for cultural appropriation yet again.

The 37-year-old reality star recently posted a video on Snapchat that shows her hair in bead-adorned braids that resemble Fulani-style braids, which are inspired by the Fulani women of East and West Africa.

But Kardashian credited actress Bo Derek, who is white, for the traditionally black hairstyle.

“So guys I got Bo Derek braids, and I’m really into it,” she says in the video, referencing the actresses’ look from the 1979 movie, “10.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/kim-kardashian-cornrows-bo-derek_us_5a6f3454e4b06e253269d4e7
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline mountaineer

Re: Kim Kardashian Slammed For Calling Her Cornrows 'Bo Derek Braids'
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 01:39:19 pm »
I'm sure the Fulani women are just dying for a shout-out from that ho.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Kim Kardashian Slammed For Calling Her Cornrows 'Bo Derek Braids'
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 01:50:21 pm »
“To you, white women, it’s just a cool hairstyle. To us, it’s something we’ve fought to be able to fully embrace. There are other ways to admire or celebrate black hair without coopting it. But understand — black hair can be deeply political, deeply spiritual, and deeply personal.”

And that is why everyone laughs at you for the clowns you are. If all you got to bitch about is someone using some hairstyle that never was cool or interesting, you are a waste of space.