Author Topic: WSJ Columnist: FBI/DOJ Are Trying To Drop A Depth Charge On Trump, House GOP In FISA Memo Fight  (Read 1123 times)

Offline endicom

Townhall
Matt Vespa
Jan. 26, 2018

While we all sink our teeth into immigration, the fallout from the Democrats’ failed government shutdown, and this New York Times story that Trump wanted to fire Mueller last June—he didn’t, by the way—you’re missing the fight between House Republicans, the FBI, and the Department of Justice over this FISA memo. The four-page document details alleged abuses that are said to be akin to the activities of the KGB. Some lawmakers said it could lead to deep changes within the DOJ. Democrats have pushed back saying it’s a political stunt, aimed at undermining the credibility of the FBI. There’s speculation that the Obama administration used the unverified Trump dossier as the basis to secure FISA warrants to spy on members of the Trump campaign and transition team. The dossier was funded by the Hillary campaign. They hired Fusion GPS, a research firm, who in turn contracted an ex-MI6 operative to get information on Donald Trump. In all, it’s a lucrative opposition research file, most of which cannot be corroborated. The DOJ has been adamant that they review the memo before it’s release to prevent a reckless disclosure of information. The House GOP response has pretty much been to tell the DOJ/FBI to shove it. They’re not allowing them to read the memo. As of right now, this memo could be released next week (via Fox News):

More... https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2018/01/26/wsj-columnist-fbidoj-are-trying-to-drop-a-depth-charge-on-trump-house-gop-in-fisa-memo-fight-n2440373

Offline Frank Cannon

The DOJ has been adamant that they review the memo before it’s release to prevent a reckless disclosure of information.

Unlike all the fake news leaking from the FBI and DOJ for the last 2 years. Eff them. Congress can do what they want. They are a separate branch of govt'.

Offline endicom

The DOJ has been adamant that they review the memo before it’s release to prevent a reckless disclosure of information.

Unlike all the fake news leaking from the FBI and DOJ for the last 2 years. Eff them. Congress can do what they want. They are a separate branch of govt'.

As Vespa quoted Strassel, "Boyd’s position that the Justice Department gets to provide oversight of Congress. The Constitution has it the other way around."

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

As Vespa quoted Strassel, "Boyd’s position that the Justice Department gets to provide oversight of Congress. The Constitution has it the other way around."

Absolutely right @endicom !
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
They could read or simply speak from memory about the memo from the floor.  Nothing could be done and it would be in the record
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Has anyone noticed that the letter to Congress not to release the memo is coming from some two-bit deputy assistant secretary, not Sessions? Why isn’t Sessions telling them he runs the show, not people 3, 4 or 5 levels down?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Has anyone noticed that the letter to Congress not to release the memo is coming from some two-bit deputy assistant secretary, not Sessions? Why isn’t Sessions telling them he runs the show, not people 3, 4 or 5 levels down?

Nobody wants to get their hands dirty.  That's usually why a bureaucracy sends a flunky to do a man's job.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

The DOJ has been adamant that they review the memo before it’s release to prevent a reckless disclosure of information. The House GOP response has pretty much been to tell the DOJ/FBI to shove it. They’re not allowing them to read the memo. As of right now, this memo could be released next week (via Fox News):

DOJ wants to review it, since several top managers in DOJ and FBI are corrupt, political Obama carryovers.

Trump-Sessions-Wray should have a means to be rid of them.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
DOJ wants to review it, since several top managers in DOJ and FBI are corrupt, political Obama carryovers.

Trump-Sessions-Wray should have a means to be rid of them.

You betcha.  It's guaranteed if DoJ gets a sneak peek, reason's will be contrived to seal it for "National Security" concerns.  I hope Congress has had enough of this BS and hangs tough.  I'm a little hopeful.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Watched a great interview of Joe diGenova, on YouTube. (with law partner and wife Victoria Toensing)

He walks the scenario through from start to present, with the main theme that corrupt people in Hillary's staff, DNC, FBI, DOJ etc. protects H. Clinton and tried to frame Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuhI7zeanQg
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln