Author Topic: As Del. Nick Freitas' guns speech goes viral, Virginia Democrats say slavery remarks reopened racial  (Read 926 times)

Offline Suppressed

[Disclaimer: my brother is helping this man get elected as US Senator.  I think this is a must-see speech -- I believe this is what a conservative sounds like.  Delegate Freitas is a Green Beret who served two tours in Iraq.]

First, the video:
! No longer available

As Del. Nick Freitas' guns speech goes viral, Virginia Democrats say slavery remarks reopened racial wounds
By Graham Moomaw   Richmond Times-Dispatch  4 hrs ago 
http://www.roanoke.com/news/politics/general_assembly/as-del-nick-freitas-guns-speech-goes-viral-virginia-democrats/article_e7d28f66-d1e8-5f41-8419-05c4b1333598.html

RICHMOND — Del. Nick Freitas, R-Culpeper, was riding a wave of national publicity Monday after a fiery pro-gun speech last week that several African-American Democrats condemned as racially insensitive for its references to poverty and slavery.

Freitas — one of several Republicans running to take on U.S. Sen. Tim Kaine, D-Va., this fall — appeared on the Fox News program “Fox and Friends” Monday morning to recap his speech, an attempt to turn the tables on House Democrats who had been blasting the GOP majority for inaction in response to the school shooting in Parkland, Florida. A video of the speech Freitas posted on Facebook Friday had drawn 11 million views as of Monday afternoon after being shared by pro-gun rocker Ted Nugent and U.S. Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., a Freitas backer.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Wow, it sounds like there was a lot of heated rhetoric going on in the VA House last week -- on both sides.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.