Author Topic: FBI officials considered naming special prosecutor for Clinton emails: report  (Read 407 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
FBI officials considered naming special prosecutor for Clinton emails: report
By Jacqueline Thomsen - 01/26/18 08:47 AM EST

FBI officials considered appointing a special prosecutor to oversee a probe into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server, Politico reported Thursday.

Texts between FBI agent Peter Strzok and FBI attorney Lisa Page show that former U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald was considered being named to the probe.

"Thought of the perfect person [FBI Director James Comey] can bounce this off of?" Strzok said in a March 2016 text to Page. "Pat....You got to give me credit if we go with him....And delay briefing him on until I can get back and do it, Late next week or later."

"We talked about him last night, not for this, but how great he is," Page responded.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/370838-fbi-officials-considered-naming-special-prosecutor-for-clinton-emails
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Fitzgerald  - I think he's been involved in some other high profile issues.  Have to look him up when I get a chance.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
How is it the responsibility of the FBI to appoint a Special Prosecutor?

Oh wait, this was the DOJ-FBI of Lynch, Comey whereby the /FBI Director took upon himself, the decision to NOT prosecute H. Clinton for the felonies f endangering US national security by her negligence.

My bad.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln