Author Topic: One Year Out, Trump Has Proven Doomsayers Wrong But Naysayers Right  (Read 2982 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: One Year Out, Trump Has Proven Doomsayers Wrong But Naysayers Right
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2018, 10:42:20 pm »
@truth_seeker
Assume hypothetically that Donaldus Minimus wasn't in the race. I'm pretty sure Hilarious Rodent Clinton still could have and would have been beaten in November 2016. Even her own party, out and beyond the national committee she managed somehow to co-opt, was weary of her transparent indifferences on the campaign trail. Her refusal to work states where she absolutely needed to work---states which also happened to have considerable portions of their population gone to the wars in Afghanistan and elsewhere, and had numerous qualms about her Benghazi behaviours in hand---made her even more vulnerable in the general election. (They were states thought blue but which Donaldus Minimus ended up carrying; if she was that indifferent to working them any Republican could have beaten her there.) So did her foolhardy thought that she could have a kind of "vacation" during the campaign's late summer. Unless---absent Donaldus Minimus---the Republicans ended up picking an utter incompetent or a "legacy" candidate (think Bob Dole in 1996, when the only justification anyone really had for getting behind him was that it was his "time," to name one example; or, think how far Jeb Bush didn't get in 2016's primaries), Hilarious Rodent Clinton would have been dead meat regardless. Even the hardest line of liberals were exhausted by her act.

With all due respect, @EasyAce .   That's bullshit.

22222frying pan
EasyAce     DCP
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2018, 10:55:25 pm »
Assume hypothetically that Donaldus Minimus wasn't in the race. I'm pretty sure Hilarious Rodent Clinton still could have and would have been beaten in November 2016. Even her own party, out and beyond the national committee she managed somehow to co-opt, was weary of her transparent indifferences on the campaign trail. Her refusal to work states where she absolutely needed to work---states which also happened to have considerable portions of their population gone to the wars in Afghanistan and elsewhere, and had numerous qualms about her Benghazi behaviours in hand---made her even more vulnerable in the general election. (They were states thought blue but which Donaldus Minimus ended up carrying; if she was that indifferent to working them any Republican could have beaten her there.) So did her foolhardy thought that she could have a kind of "vacation" during the campaign's late summer. Unless---absent Donaldus Minimus---the Republicans ended up picking an utter incompetent or a "legacy" candidate (think Bob Dole in 1996, when the only justification anyone really had for getting behind him was that it was his "time," to name one example; or, think how far Jeb Bush didn't get in 2016's primaries), Hilarious Rodent Clinton would have been dead meat regardless. Even the hardest line of liberals were exhausted by her act.

Sadly, as you are experiencing - you have committed grievous sacrilege by not acknowledging publicly ONLY TRUMP.

ONLY TRUMP could save us.

ONLY TRUMP could beat Hillary.

ONLY TRUMP could bring out voters.

ONLY TRUMP ONLY TRUMP ONLY TRUMP.

You have sinned by not acknowledging that truth and refusing to abandon your heathen analysis of the election that runs contrary to the given narrative every working American has adopted as a creed.

You must now do penance for your sin by saying five Our Trumps and seven Hail Melania's or forever be branded a heretic.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2018, 11:04:54 pm »
Sadly, as you are experiencing - you have committed grievous sacrilege by not acknowledging publicly ONLY TRUMP.

ONLY TRUMP could save us.

ONLY TRUMP could beat Hillary.

ONLY TRUMP could bring out voters.

ONLY TRUMP ONLY TRUMP ONLY TRUMP.

You have sinned by not acknowledging that truth and refusing to abandon your heathen analysis of the election that runs contrary to the given narrative every working American has adopted as a creed.

You must now do penance for your sin by saying five Our Trumps and seven Hail Melania's or forever be branded a heretic.
@INVAR
I'd rather say five B.B. Kings and seven Hail Ellingtons while performing seven Stations of the Bloomfield. ;)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2018, 11:55:39 pm »
I'd rather say five B.B. Kings and seven Hail Ellingtons while performing seven Stations of the Bloomfield. ;)

I would say that such a performance of penance would earn you a year-long Absolution from any sins you have even as yet to commit.  But we might have to check with the Rectory For Trump to see if that preferred method of penance is actually viable within the Liturgical Traditions governing the Trump Triumph, or whether discussion board confession is required first.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2018, 12:03:46 am »
I would say that such a performance of penance would earn you a year-long Absolution from any sins you have even as yet to commit.  But we might have to check with the Rectory For Trump to see if that preferred method of penance is actually viable within the Liturgical Traditions governing the Trump Triumph, or whether discussion board confession is required first.
@INVAR

Take it up with His Holy Modal Majesty . . .  ;)

! No longer available

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2018, 12:21:27 am »
@INVAR

Now now... don't go all heathen on them to assert that trumps the divine infallibility of Trump and his majesty.

Only Trump... Only Trump  - repeat the mantra until you believe it.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2018, 12:28:49 am »
Now now... don't go all heathen on them to assert that trumps the divine infallibility of Trump and his majesty.

Only Trump... Only Trump  - repeat the mantra until you believe it.
I didn't mean his majesty, modal or otherwise. (I'm not sure he'd know what "modal" means, anyway.)

Offline LMAO

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2018, 12:40:51 am »
I challenge the idea, another GOP candidate could have defeated Hillary, since they couldn't even win the primary.

YMMV

Looking back, it was a possibility that Hillary, despite the polls,was destined to lose the day she was nominated

She was unlikable and had some very high negatives during the campaign.  According to polls at the time, Trump also had the same issues.   However,  Trump had one huge advantage over some of his primary opponents and Hillary Clinton and that was he was not a product of Washington, DC

Hillary Clinton was the poster child for everything the American people hated about Washington politics
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline the_doc

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2018, 12:41:31 am »
@INVAR

! No longer available

Hey, guys, I love your jazzy banter, but I would like to butt in to urge you to pray for the POTUS we have.  We are living in perilous times.  See this thread by Quix:  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,300445.new.html#new

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2018, 12:47:36 am »
Hey, guys, I love your jazzy banter, but I would like to butt in to urge you to pray for the POTUS we have.  We are living in perilous times. 

It is always a desire to live a peaceful and quiet life, notwithstanding the fact we live in interesting times and perilous.

It is the consequence of what happens when a people grow ignorant of and discard their foundations while choosing expedience and those of despicable and/or questionable character to be their rulers while making their government god.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2018, 12:53:10 am »
It is always a desire to live a peaceful and quiet life, notwithstanding the fact we live in interesting times and perilous.

It is the consequence of what happens when a people grow ignorant of and discard their foundations while choosing expedience and those of despicable and/or questionable character to be their rulers while making their government god.

Perzackly!

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2018, 01:20:54 am »
Hillary Clinton was the poster child for everything the American people hated about Washington politics
That she was. But she also ignored issues that assorted Republican candidates didn't ignore. Had there been no Trump in the race, she might also have lost because---setting her individual unlikablility to one side---she was associated closely enough to His Excellency Al-Hashish Field Marshmallow Dr. Barack Obama Dada, COD, RIP, LSMFT, Would-Have-Been Life President of the Republic Formerly Known as the United States that she was, possibly, even more vulnerable to anyone out of the Republican camp, D.C. product or otherwise.

As for living in "perilous" times, if you go by the rhetoric of the past several elections we've been living in "perilous" times for a long enough time. To the point where you couldn't blame anyone for believing that "perilous times" mean it's time to elect our next monarch---er, president, because he/she/its the only one who can save us (at last!!!!) from the scourge of (insert your favourite bugaboo/devil/mortal enemy) . . .
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 01:21:29 am by EasyAce »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2018, 03:07:56 am »
the docs muses:
"We could have nominated a better candidate, one who would have cleaned HRC's clock and done all of the same good things Trump has done so far."

Who...?