Author Topic: An Honest Challenge for the Never Trumpers  (Read 5001 times)

Silver Pines

Re: An Honest Challenge for the Never Trumpers
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2018, 04:41:52 am »
...you should have included the following paragraphs: 

You've got work to do, @CatherineofAragon !   ^-^

@DCPatriot

Read my post again.  Or not.

I’m going to keep doing just what I’ve been doing, and you can  approve.  Or not.

Silver Pines

« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2018, 04:43:23 am »
Can you point us to some things you've said that were critical of Trump in the last year?

@RoosGirl

This ought to be good.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2018, 05:31:59 am »
The irony is that much of what Trump has enacted or signed while in office I can support.
The onus of failure falls more on the Congress than the White House.

However, those insufferable people who insisted I vote for him remain insufferable, especially now that they are trying to tell us there will be no reconciliation. That is their self fulfilling prophesy, and they can have it. Why would I want to reconcile with people who allegedly shared my philosophy (if not my principles) and who have acted (and continue to act) thus?

Exactly. 

They can have it and more.   We have no more in common with the likes of them than we would any Leftist big-government Statist, and therefore have no commonality upon which to stand much less reconcile.  In fact I have been told that they embrace the hatred that they have for us 'and our ilk' here at TBR and that they do not deny it.

What is innately humorous is the fact they continue to say stupid shit like they 'got "blue dogs" from the union States...registered DEMS, crossing over and nullifying the withholding of (our votes)   And that they 'don't need our GD support!' to which I laugh out loud over the fact that they make wonderful bedfellows together and that they deserve the full consequences of their actions and faith in their newfound Democrat and Blue Dog allies.

Insufferable folks indeed. 

Truly they have made it clear that they will continue to be sore winners and create threads and arguments like this one each and every day. Truly it is not the Democrats they hate as much as they hate you and I and those of us principled Conservatives who refused to vote for Trump as they insisted.

What makes no sense is that they cannot agree among themselves as those in their ranks have also said that the success or failure of Trump will be specifically due to our refusal to support him.

So on one hand they say they do not need our 'GD support' while also stating that our support would harm 'Trump's brand' and in the other our lack of support will result in Trump's failure.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2018, 10:15:22 pm »
@RoosGirl

This ought to be good.

Yeah, I'm not expecting anything.  The truth is that for the couple here that haven't had anything to say about some of Trump's positives, there are also the couple here that haven't had anything to say about some of Trump's negatives.  Of course, the later really loves to lecture us about our integrity, but you know what?  Eff them.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2018, 10:48:45 pm »
Can you point us to some things you've said that were critical of Trump in the last year?

@DCPatriot @RoosGirl @CatherineofAragon

Well DC, it’s been almost 24 hours since RG challenged you to put up or shut up.  And I see that you’ve posted multiple responses elsewhere today on TBR.  Thus you are obviously avoiding the inquiry.  I think it’s therefore safe to assume that you cannot point to anywhere you’ve been critical of Trump.   I guess then, perhaps I think it’s time to say that maybe, just maybe, just kinda sorta you should shut the hell up about lecturing NTs

OR

Conversely just admit that you are in fact an Orange Glorious Oompa Loompa.

Your pick
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2018, 11:01:28 pm »
Well DC, it’s been almost 24 hours since RG challenged you to put up or shut up.  And I see that you’ve posted multiple responses elsewhere today on TBR.  Thus you are obviously avoiding the inquiry.  I think it’s therefore safe to assume that you cannot point to anywhere you’ve been critical of Trump.   I guess then, perhaps I think it’s time to say that maybe, just maybe, just kinda sorta you should shut the hell up about lecturing NTs

As with all cults and cults of personality - it is SACRILEGE to criticize or otherwise disagree with the leadership, especially when it is one you have personally lofted up as your leader, your guru, your political savior etc., etc., etc.

It is how infallibility becomes a real thing in their minds and every misbehavior becomes an exercise in justification.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Silver Pines

« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2018, 11:39:39 pm »
Yeah, I'm not expecting anything.  The truth is that for the couple here that haven't had anything to say about some of Trump's positives, there are also the couple here that haven't had anything to say about some of Trump's negatives.  Of course, the later really loves to lecture us about our integrity, but you know what?  Eff them.

@RoosGirl
@Axeslinger

Yep, agreed.   If you weren't a hardcore Trump fan from the beginning, they refuse to credit you for anything, yet they go on demanding you praise him.

Guess skirts will continue to be blown up with indignation, then.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2018, 12:03:24 am »
@DCPatriot @RoosGirl @CatherineofAragon

OR

Conversely just admit that you are in fact an Orange Glorious Oompa Loompa.

Your pick

Never saw "RG"'s challenge.   Who the hell reads her?   

This thread isn't about a challenge for Trump Supporters.  That's a deflection.  What's the point?   

That there's supposed to be a "Happy Medium" somewhere? 

One more time.   

I've been proud to converse with, and happy to see the vast majority of the NTs have a "Come to Jesus Moment", regarding their personal feelings about Donald Trump, the POTUS.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2018, 12:13:49 am »

This thread isn't about a challenge for Trump Supporters.  That's a deflection.  What's the point?   

One more time.   

I've been proud to converse with, and happy to see the vast majority of the NTs have a "Come to Jesus Moment", regarding their personal feelings about Donald Trump, the POTUS.

DC, if anyone wasn't clear as to what a "deflection" was, all they have to is to read your post for an excellent example.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2018, 12:15:03 am »
@DCPatriot

You posted this thread.  I would think you would read it once in a while....
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 12:16:31 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Silver Pines

« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2018, 12:20:11 am »

One more time.   

@DCPatriot

Here's @RoosGirl's question:

"Can you point us to some things you've said that were critical of Trump in the last year?"

Got an answer?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2018, 12:25:27 am »
@DCPatriot

Here's @RoosGirl's question:  "Can you point us to some things you've said that were critical of Trump in the last year?"  Got an answer?

Get a life already.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2018, 12:26:20 am »

A "Come To Trump Moment"???

And here I thought those who believed Obama was god were delusional. 

Everyone's got political gods now.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2018, 12:28:38 am »

Translation: don't you dare try to entrap us Trump fanatics to prove our own hypocrisy.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2018, 12:30:31 am »
A "Come To Trump Moment"???

And here I thought those who believed Obama was god were delusional. 

Everyone's got political gods now.

Oh Lordy.  Please put your dusty old man vagina away
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Silver Pines

« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2018, 12:30:51 am »

@Right_in_Virginia

Why don't you gobble some dessert and I'll pinch you if I need to speak to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2018, 12:42:04 am »
@DCPatriot

Here's @RoosGirl's question:

"Can you point us to some things you've said that were critical of Trump in the last year?"

Got an answer?

I believe DC said a couple weeks ago, as a complaint about Donny, that he was too effective at his job and working too quickly to give DC time to soak in all Donny's magnificence.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2018, 01:05:25 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

You do know gobbling. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2018, 01:16:35 am »
@DCPatriot

You posted this thread.  I would think you would read it once in a while....

Worst excuse ever.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2018, 01:23:06 am »

One more time.   

You seem to read my comments often enough when you want to insult me though.  Funny that.  Still haven't answered.  That's okay.  I think we all know what the real answer is, and my job here is done.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2018, 01:26:49 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

Next time offer her a piece of candy  :silly: :silly: :silly:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 01:28:55 am by goodwithagun »
I stand with Roosgirl.

Silver Pines

« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2018, 01:29:21 am »
I believe DC said a couple weeks ago, as a complaint about Donny, that he was too effective at his job and working too quickly to give DC time to soak in all Donny's magnificence.

@Frank Cannon

That sounds about right.  On the other hand, it's more negative than I expected.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2018, 01:33:26 am »
Oh Lordy.  Please put your dusty old man vagina away

Going with your allegory Wingy - I'm not the one who gets all hot, bothered and juicy over former NT heathens who have a personal 'come to Trump moment' regarding their personal feelings about Trump.

You could rightfully say my dusty old man va jay jay does not twitter for Trump.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2018, 01:34:05 am »
While no one asked me, still I have to question what the point is of asking a supporter to find something to criticize Trump about?

Is it just for jollies? Or to earn street cred? Is it a test of intellectual honesty; and if yes, who gets to grade the papers? Some one enlighten me, please.

I’m happy with President Trump’s performance. He’s grown in the job. As a political novice he hasn’t made many mistakes. His misses – and there have been a few – aren’t important to me, it's what he’s accomplished that matters. And he’s gotten a lot done for conservatives in one year.

Again, what’s the point of finding something to hit Trump with? Except maybe to appease those here who begin every one of their laudatory remarks about Trump with “I didn’t vote for the cretinous moron but I like the way he...etc”
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 01:47:33 am by aligncare »

Silver Pines

« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2018, 01:34:15 am »
You do know gobbling.

On the other hand, and sadly, the closest you come to an association with the term is the wattle hanging from your neck.

I have to say, @Wingnut, you have the most sensitive little feelings of any man I've seen. The way you nurse a case of butt hurt usually isn't seen in the male species.  It's kind of disturbing and gross, in a way...but then again, I love it because I know I caused it.

Carry on, lol.