Author Topic: Trump to Democrats: no immigration talk until government reopened  (Read 473 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
January 20, 2018 / 4:22 AM / Updated an hour ago
Trump to Democrats: no immigration talk until government reopened
Richard Cowan, Ginger Gibson

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump and Republican lawmakers took a tough stance on Saturday after the U.S. Congress failed to fund federal agencies, saying they would not negotiate on immigration until Democrats help end the government shutdown.

Funding for federal agencies ran out at midnight with no agreement in Congress, meaning the second year of Donald Trump’s presidency began without a fully functioning government. Lawmakers failed to resolve an impasse over Democrats’ demands to include certain measures, including protections for young undocumented immigrants, in any short-term spending legislation.

U.S. government workers were told to stay home or, in some cases, work without pay until new funding is approved in the first federal government shutdown since a 16-day funding lapse in October 2013.

more
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-congress-shutdown/trump-to-democrats-no-immigration-talk-until-government-reopened-idUSKBN1F90DE
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RetBobbyMI

Re: Trump to Democrats: no immigration talk until government reopened
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 09:40:49 pm »
Good! The right tactic. You can’t negotiate with extortionists. #SchumerShutdown
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 02:56:37 am »
I agree with Trump on this one.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 03:00:34 am »
I agree with Trump on this one.

YEP. But he who blinks first loses bigtime.
He better not blink.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 03:26:09 am »
Think about it. Trump is the FIRST Republican not to cave to the Democrats. He is standing his ground.
This is a historic event. If Schumer caves to Trump, it will be the first time in my lifetime that a Democrat has ever caved to a Republican on any issue ever at all.

If Mitch McConnell, or McCain, or Bush(LOL), or even Romney, was the current President, not only would they have given Schumer every single thing that he 'demanded', but they would have shined his shoes and bought him dinner afterward.

Go Trump, I guess? I'm with you all the way.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 03:33:21 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.