Author Topic: I wasn’t a Trump supporter. I am now.  (Read 6891 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: I wasn’t a Trump supporter. I am now.
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2018, 05:00:25 pm »
Just let this sink in.

Wasn't there another poster the other day that said the same exact thing? 

...that they couldn't vote for Trump at this point, even if he did something they loved....because we once told them we didn't need them? 

@Right_in_Virginia    the jokes write themselves, it seems.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2018, 05:04:19 pm »
I'm sorry but I just feel that DCP is an unwelcoming, negative individual, who has attacked me out of nowhere.

How is that "being a friend" to TBR?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2018, 05:06:02 pm »
I'm sorry but I just feel that DCP is an unwelcoming, negative individual, who has attacked me out of nowhere.

How is that "being a friend" to TBR?

Tough love?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2018, 05:12:54 pm »
Just let this sink in.

Yes, let the reason for that statement sink in as well: YOU TRUMP NUTS MADE THE DEMAND.

I am honoring it, because you people deserve the consequences for being imbeciles.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2018, 05:23:33 pm »
You forget when I called you the lowest of lows and most disgusting thing anyone ever called anyone here.........a simpleton?

WTF does that have to do with the topic at hand?     Predicting zots to individual members?

BFD that YOU call me a "simpleton".   

Do you think THAT is going to make me all crazy and discombobulated that I have to suddenly brag somebody else cleans my toilets?

Run along...
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2018, 05:48:49 pm »
Yes, let the reason for that statement sink in as well: YOU TRUMP NUTS MADE THE DEMAND.

I am honoring it, because you people deserve the consequences for being imbeciles.

You're really losing your sh*t dear ....   no Trump supporter made a demand on you @INVAR  ... Your support was and remains  unnecessary.   :shrug:

« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2018, 05:53:20 pm »
Wasn't there another poster the other day that said the same exact thing? 

...that they couldn't vote for Trump at this point, even if he did something they loved....because we once told them we didn't need them? 

@Right_in_Virginia    the jokes write themselves, it seems.   :laugh:

Well, @DCPatriot this Trump supporter never asked anything of @INVAR.  In all candor, I'm just glad he hasn't figured out how badly his support would hurt the Trump brand.   :smokin:

« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 05:55:36 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2018, 06:02:33 pm »

You're really losing your sh*t dear ....   no Trump supporter made a demand on you @INVAR  ... Your support was and remains  unnecessary.   :shrug:

ROFL!!!     A special 'shout-out' to @Wingnut and @Frank Cannon ... for making her post possible!    :beer:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2018, 06:14:11 pm »
ROFL!!!     A special 'shout-out' to @Wingnut and @Frank Cannon ... for making her post possible!    :beer:

I don't know what I did.  I'm an equal opportunity offender.  I offend everyone equally and with regularity.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2018, 06:15:40 pm »
no Trump supporter made a demand on you @INVAR

YES, they did DEAR.  Vociferously I might add.  I've learned that 'fair weather friend' has an entirely new negative application when it comes to Trump.  You people demand only True Believers and constant praise and worship of your anointed.  I think the word 'loyalty' has been used more in those discussions than at any other subject I can recall.

Your support was and remains  unnecessary.  ... I'm just glad he hasn't figured out how badly his support would hurt the Trump brand.   :smokin:

Excellent.  More proof you only want and demand total obeisance to Trump with unwavering loyalty and devotion.   Since you admit our support is not only unnecessary, but harmful to your anointed, there's really absolutely no point whatsoever for you Trumpian fanatics to continue your tireless and ceaseless efforts to shame those of us who did not support or vote for your prince.

The caveat I will grant you is that you feel you must, considering we have been declared enemies and traitors to the United States for our refusal to worship at the altar of Trump.

So be it.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online roamer_1

« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2018, 06:19:49 pm »

« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2018, 06:23:01 pm »
YES, they did DEAR.  Vociferously I might add.  I've learned that 'fair weather friend' has an entirely new negative application when it comes to Trump.  You people demand only True Believers and constant praise and worship of your anointed.  I think the word 'loyalty' has been used more in those discussions than at any other subject I can recall.

You either really misunderstand @INVAR or you're just losing your sh*t  Let me be clear ... your political support would damage the President's brand.  Just keep on dissing the President.  We won't stop you ... and may even quote you as proof the President's doing everything right.

Relax ... no hard feelings.  Enjoy your political wasteland, you've earned it!   

We'll send more beer.   :beer:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2018, 06:27:50 pm »
Let me be clear ... your political support would damage the President's brand.

I will relay the message from you to everyone who did not vote for Trump that you people do not want any kind of support for Trump unless they were a rabid fan from the beginning, because such support would 'damage' Trump's "Brand".    I'll be passing that along for you.

Just keep on dissing the President. 

I plan on living up to all the charges you fanatics have tirelessly levied.

That you can count on, I promise.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2018, 06:31:00 pm »
Roughage.

Like my posts, with as much indigestible material as possible!
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online roamer_1

« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2018, 06:45:34 pm »
Like my posts, with as much indigestible material as possible!

It's da bomb!

888high58888
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 06:46:00 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2018, 07:31:25 pm »
Just let this sink in.

@INVAR   @Right_in_Virginia

Quote from: INVAR on January 20, 2018, 04:10:06 PM

Trump's rabid fanbase is why Trump will get not a single hint of praise, or defense from the likes of me, even if I do agree with anything he says or does. 

That may be one of the dumbest damn things I have ever read. That's even dumb by DU standards,and most of those people are retarded.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2018, 07:36:02 pm »

@INVAR

GOOD POINT! After all,other than the survival or our nation,and likely the end of free nations all over the world if the US fails,no harm done,right?

The important thing is that YOU got to "stick it to" someone that pissed you off.

Nothing wrong with the personality that establishes THOSE preferences,is there?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2018, 08:04:35 pm »
Relax ... no hard feelings.  Enjoy your political wasteland, you've earned it!   

Yes indeed. 

You go ahead and march and salute the Valkyrie of Trump.  I'll enjoy political irrelevance in the midst of the goose-stepping Trump-heiling mob.

GOOD POINT! After all,other than the survival or our nation,and likely the end of free nations all over the world if the US fails,no harm done,right?

Well Pete, if you actually believe that the survival of our nation is wholly dependent upon what politician you put into the Oval Office to ascribe him messianic and kingly aural power, I have to say that our understanding of this country is diametrically different.

The important thing is that YOU got to "stick it to" someone that pissed you off.

As opposed to 'sticking it to' those who did not support Trump in the election day after day after day because the demand for Trump obeisance is said to be necessary for Trump to achieve his agenda?

Heh.

Nothing wrong with the personality that establishes THOSE preferences,is there?

There is actually quite a few of those personalities that established the preferences that we should not applaud the president, because we have not earned it.  Plus now, we have our own Trumpian Hack that has asserted that not only do they not need or want our support - but that our support is *damaging to Trump's 'brand'*.

See Pete, when you are working to make a third party a viable alternative to the kabuki oligarchy in DC, stuff that party hack imbeciles hand us to help diminish the wholly corrupted Democrat and Republican parties - helps a great deal towards convincing others that it's time to look elsewhere to place our trust.  Because not only do Republicans not want them in their party (unless they are a wholly devout acolyte of Trump and the Establishment GOP) - they do not even want their applause, because they did not 'earn' it by being on Trump's train from the beginning.

Plus we will *damage Trump's brand* if we actually do support him on anything.

So sayeth our resident Trump Party Hack from Virginia.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2018, 08:20:15 pm »
Yes indeed. 

You go ahead and march and salute the Valkyrie of Trump.  I'll enjoy political irrelevance in the midst of the goose-stepping Trump-heiling mob.

Get over yourself,Princess! You make people like Roseanne Barr seem rational by comparison. You don't like Trump and some Trump supporters "hurded your widdle feelwing", so you throw a hissy-fit like a 8  year old?

Well Pete, if you actually believe that the survival of our nation is wholly dependent upon what politician you put into the Oval Office to ascribe him messianic and kingly aural power, I have to say that our understanding of this country is diametrically different.

You are right. Why,it made no difference at all to the future of the nation when King Franklin,LBJ,Bubba Bill,or Bathhouse Barry were elected,and America's future would be just peachy-keen today if Hillary,JEB,Lady Lindsey,or one of the other Republican Pod People had been elected instead of Trump,huh? Elections don't mean a THANG!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2018, 08:48:54 pm »
@INVAR

Third party? In my opinion you’re spinning your wheels. But, more power to you. I suppose it will take dreamers to effect political change of that magnitude, against our long history of a two party system. Good luck with that.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2018, 08:51:20 pm »
You don't like Trump and some Trump supporters "hurded your widdle feelwing", so you throw a hissy-fit like a 8  year old?

Hurt my feelings Pete? 

No.  I found most of them to be quite amusing and a few of them deliberately inciting and threatening. 

I don't suffer bullies who insisted that unless we voted for Trump - we were an enemy of the country, only to watch the same bunch engage in daily nose-flicking because they feel good about doing end-zone celebrations that justify public shaming of anyone not on their team of cheerleaders.  Thus the daily nose-flicking and other assorted nastiness that makes them feel good about themselves.

If the mob wants to go march to Marxism in Obama or Hillary - they will do so without me.

If the mob wants to go march to Pragmatic Populism in Trump as our only hope and salvation - they will do so without me.

I frankly don't care what the mob does because I'm not a mindless sheep that has a desperate need to go walk with a herd.  I avoid mobs and groupthink, until and unless they decide that they have the authority to go stepping on and rescinding liberties.  THEN they will have my full attention because they decided I may not avoid them. Not a pleasant thought to be sure, but history teaches human nature always ends up doing stupidly.

You are right. Why,it made no difference at all to the future of the nation when King Franklin,LBJ,Bubba Bill,or Bathhouse Barry were elected,and America's future would be just peachy-keen today if Hillary,JEB,Lady Lindsey,or one of the other Republican Pod People had been elected instead of Trump,huh? Elections don't mean a THANG!
No Pete, I don't subscribe to the idea that the Executive Branch is a monarchy.  That elections have consequences is not an issue I contest.  Government is a reflection of the culture and society, and that truth is not something that brings a lot of warmth when considering the future of the country.  Most of this people and population are willfully ignorant of our foundations, and when confronted with that heritage - it is rejected with vehemence and outrage or greeted with absolute indifference.

I am not one that thinks fixing these things is done at the ballot box by electing politicians to high office.

That the existing party system is a corrupt oligarchy is a motivation I possess to do something outside of that cancer.  You are welcome to wallow in it thinking it is your only hope of salvation - but I don't share the sentiment.

If you assert that is the equivalent of an 8-year-old hissy fit - more power to ya.  I don't care what you want to call it.  Attempting to shame me into practicing insanity and going along with a self-evident shell-game is not something I can be pressured into taking part in.  I'm moving onto doing differently.

That the majority of the population see government and the Executive as god and a Monarchy does not persuade me to view it the same way.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2018, 09:03:30 pm »
@INVAR

Third party? In my opinion you’re spinning your wheels.

As opposed to practicing provable insanity by playing the 2-party duopoly shell-game while ignoring the rules changes made in the last two cycles to kill any grassroots challenges to the Establishment in the pretend-'opposition party'??

I think spinning my wheels working a third party will be something that will have better long-term results for Constitutional Conservatism than playing at the Oligarchy table. AFAIC.

But, more power to you. I suppose it will take dreamers to effect political change of that magnitude, against our long history of a two party system. Good luck with that.

Why thank you AC.  The alternative is a lot less pleasant.

Luck however, indeed.  Demographics and sentiment do not paint such a good picture for the longevity of Liberty on these shores.  Simple math in terms of replacement birthrates are kindof dour no matter how you want to slice it.

Consequences of the last 50 years coming home to roost.

Ah well.  There is not a Republic or Democracy that ever came into existence that did not first commit suicide.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2018, 09:03:55 pm »
This post/poster provides purrfect context to my "cockroach" comment.   :patriot:

Your shtick is to be the 3rd man in, @RoosGirl !

You're such a deserving target for ridicule I just can't help myself.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2018, 11:03:37 pm »

I don't suffer bullies who insisted that unless we voted for Trump - we were an enemy of the country,

Nobody likes people like that,regardless of who they or you support. I suspect you may be a little overly sensitive when it comes to this issue BECAUSE it's Trump,though.

I got bored with that crap and ignored it before I dropped off of FR and told Jim Bob and all the Bush Bots to suck it. Truth to tell,I hated them and just didn't want to see Boy Jorge's mother running the WH again. I think I could be friendly with Boy Jorge as long as he never gets close to the WH again.

IMO,the presidency is about a LOT more than finding someone likeable and then supporting them. I pretty much despise Trump,but he was clearly the only choice for President by sane people on election day. If you voted for someone else,don't blame me. You were the fool,I just identified you.

only to watch the same bunch engage in daily nose-flicking because they feel good about doing end-zone celebrations that justify public shaming of anyone not on their team of cheerleaders.  Thus the daily nose-flicking and other assorted nastiness that makes them feel good about themselves.

Yeah,that gets old,but so what? Anytime that starts to bother you,just tell yourself,"Self,if Trump wasn't in the WH,HIllary Clinton would be the President." If that doesn't work,you are beyond help.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2018, 11:42:31 pm »
Nobody likes people like that,regardless of who they or you support. I suspect you may be a little overly sensitive when it comes to this issue BECAUSE it's Trump,though.

Not really.  I actually got a kick out of Trump causing liberal eyebleeds and the Establishment to froth and foam at the mouth during the primaries.  I was never going to vote for the guy - because I did not trust him with the office given his lifelong statements and interviews and whom he funded for campaigns in NY.  I was already committed to a different course of action than practicing what I consider to be insanity by voting for a Republican.

I got bored with that crap and ignored it before I dropped off of FR and told Jim Bob and all the Bush Bots to suck it. Truth to tell,I hated them and just didn't want to see Boy Jorge's mother running the WH again. I think I could be friendly with Boy Jorge as long as he never gets close to the WH again.

I don't disparage your reasonings for voting the way you did.  My problem is with those who made the assertion that unless we vote the way they insisted we must (to save the country) - we are voting for Hillary/Obama and are traitors to the country and 'will be counted among the enemy for retribution when the time comes' crappola that was flung like crap that monkeys are wont to do.  All that crap did was illustrate that those who self-identified as Conservative had no more regard for liberty than the Left does.

IMO,the presidency is about a LOT more than finding someone likeable and then supporting them. I pretty much despise Trump,but he was clearly the only choice for President by sane people on election day. If you voted for someone else,don't blame me. You were the fool,I just identified you.

Considering me a fool because I voted third party is one thing.  You are entitled to think so.  Telling me I am an enemy of the country and will earn the punishment that will come when people like me receive "our comeuppance" is a far different thing that plagued the most vocal morons supporting Trump online and on social media.

If they actually valued liberty, granting us the grace to vote our conscience is something a Conservative values and a despot does not.  That is the difference between the True Believers for Trump and actual Conservatives.

Yeah,that gets old,but so what? Anytime that starts to bother you,just tell yourself,"Self,if Trump wasn't in the WH,HIllary Clinton would be the President." If that doesn't work,you are beyond help.

That doesn't comfort me given history and human nature Pete.  If we are going to limit our foresight to merely the here and now so we can assuage ourselves by electing the lesser of evils because we assert electing one person to office makes or breaks the nation - we consign our posterity to slavery and misery if not worse, notwithstanding our own betrayal of what our foundational principles were that established us in the first place.

Clinton last week, Bush the next, Obama yesterday, Trump today and God knows what kind of creature we loft up as our national savior tomorrow.....

I run away from movements where people acclaim their political candidate  running for office is going to make or break us.