Author Topic: I wasn’t a Trump supporter. I am now.  (Read 6933 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: I wasn’t a Trump supporter. I am now.
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2018, 10:53:58 pm »
Slow day, eh Frank?

I say you deserve all the dessert you want if you're eating those nasty ass fish cakes. ;)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2018, 11:31:02 pm »
Fascinating to see such an effect on you.

You people should be thrilled.  I'm placating to your demands on this one and only thing, because you have worked so hard to insist upon it and so rightfully earned it for you and your leader.

You've done wonders to isolate your MAGA Prince from earning any future support from those of us who did not support Trump in the election and were simply going to applaud when he did something well, and excoriate him when he acts contrary to our principles.   You people made it clear that is not good enough.

Well okay.... and Congrats.  You should be proud of your achievement; sparing the Donald from having any fair-weather doubting Thomas support.  Only TRUE BELIEVERS for Trump!
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2018, 11:36:15 pm »
Is "keep telling yourself" the only 3 words in your vocabulary? :silly:

@catfish1957

Well,I did have to dumb it down to the Party Pod Person level,
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2018, 11:40:25 pm »
I say you deserve all the dessert you want if you're eating those nasty ass fish cakes. ;)

Had em again just the other day.... only made from Perch (kinda like Sunfish/crappie... Do y'all have perch down that way?)- I had cooked up a mess of them, but got caught on the phone...  So I redid em up into fishcakes and they were great!  Still not as good as with the smoked trout tho.

And you can cuss my fish cakes all you want... I am still of a mind that just about anything can be put in a corn batter and throwed in a cast iron pan... jussayin.
 :beer:

Silver Pines

« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2018, 11:48:28 pm »

@RoosGirl

Fish cakes?  *perk*

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2018, 11:50:03 pm »
Had em again just the other day.... only made from Perch (kinda like Sunfish/crappie... Do y'all have perch down that way?)- I had cooked up a mess of them, but got caught on the phone...  So I redid em up into fishcakes and they were great!  Still not as good as with the smoked trout tho.

And you can cuss my fish cakes all you want... I am still of a mind that just about anything can be put in a corn batter and throwed in a cast iron pan... jussayin.
 :beer:

I grew up salt water fishing, so I know more about those type than fresh water.  I know we have what we call a silver perch, but I doubt it's the same thing y'all have.

http://myfwc.com/wildlifehabitats/profiles/saltwater/drums/silver-perch/

Online roamer_1

« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2018, 12:21:51 am »
I grew up salt water fishing, so I know more about those type than fresh water.  I know we have what we call a silver perch, but I doubt it's the same thing y'all have.

http://myfwc.com/wildlifehabitats/profiles/saltwater/drums/silver-perch/

Nope. Yellow Perch

Backwater and pond/swamp fish... Bass, sunfish, bluegill environment... kinda little. Most pan-sized though they get upward of a couple pounds around here. Usually a mess of them to make a meal. Good eating for a white-meat fish.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2018, 01:59:20 am »
corbe wrote:
"Entire Article here  (WaPo) has a paywall"

That's funny, I went to the WaPo site just to check, and no paywall for me.

I'm going to -guess- that their site is set up this way:
1. You visit the site for the first time -- no paywall
2. BUT... the WaPo website "puts a cookie" in your browser with "a timer" on it
3. You visit their site a few more times, still no paywall, BUT...
4. ...after a certain number of visits, the timer built into the cookie is reached.
5. From this point on, you aren't permitted to see any more articles (or perhaps just certain articles) unless you pay.

How to get around this?
(following method works for other sites as well)

Do this:
Install a "cookie manager" for your browser that deletes unwanted cookies at periodic intervals (such as when you quit your browser).

On the Mac I use either "Safari Cookies" or "Cookie" (depending on the OS version installed).

With either of these, I can "whitelist" cookies that I want to be kept -- and all others will be deleted.

Set up this way, news web sites will ALWAYS "see you" as visiting for the very first time, and will let you read articles without paying or subscribing.

Offline corbe

« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2018, 02:39:35 am »
   You are absolutely correct about the cookies @Fishrrman many sites do that.  I am on a Win10/Edge box tonight (not my usual setup) though, I have found If you do a simple search on the actual title you'll get similar results without the paywall of WP/NYT and similar $hit sites with rare good content.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DB

« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2018, 07:40:43 am »
corbe wrote:
"Entire Article here  (WaPo) has a paywall"

That's funny, I went to the WaPo site just to check, and no paywall for me.

I'm going to -guess- that their site is set up this way:
1. You visit the site for the first time -- no paywall
2. BUT... the WaPo website "puts a cookie" in your browser with "a timer" on it
3. You visit their site a few more times, still no paywall, BUT...
4. ...after a certain number of visits, the timer built into the cookie is reached.
5. From this point on, you aren't permitted to see any more articles (or perhaps just certain articles) unless you pay.

How to get around this?
(following method works for other sites as well)

Do this:
Install a "cookie manager" for your browser that deletes unwanted cookies at periodic intervals (such as when you quit your browser).

On the Mac I use either "Safari Cookies" or "Cookie" (depending on the OS version installed).

With either of these, I can "whitelist" cookies that I want to be kept -- and all others will be deleted.

Set up this way, news web sites will ALWAYS "see you" as visiting for the very first time, and will let you read articles without paying or subscribing.

Another way to do it is use a different browser than your normal browser just for those sites and delete all the cookies on it from time to time reseting your visit count.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2018, 12:09:50 pm »

You people should be thrilled.  I'm placating to your demands on this one and only thing, because you have worked so hard to insist upon it and so rightfully earned it for you and your leader.

ROFL!  "...because you worked so hard to insist on it"?   "..rightfully earned it"?

Because I posted once or twice over the course of 2 plus years that enough "blue dogs" from the union States...registered DEMS, would cross over and nullify withholding your own vote?   And that we wouldn't need your GD support!

Guess what?   I stand by it.

You've done wonders to isolate your MAGA Prince from earning any future support from those of us who did not support Trump in the election and were simply going to applaud when he did something well, and excoriate him when he acts contrary to our principles.   You people made it clear that is not good enough.

Well okay.... and Congrats.  You should be proud of your achievement; sparing the Donald from having any fair-weather doubting Thomas support.  Only TRUE BELIEVERS for Trump!

I'm convinced that you're here simply for comedic effect.

Good stuff, @INVAR !!   888high58888
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2018, 03:06:59 pm »
You're a nasty, disgusting human being DCPatriot. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2018, 03:27:32 pm »
You're a nasty, disgusting human being DCPatriot. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Hold on there. As I recall, a lot of nasty stuff was being thrown around during the primaries and beyond on both sides, and some of that nastiness continues to this day.

DCP is a friend, not just to me, but to this place, he doesn’t deserve that insult. And as I recall, you’ve said some intemperate things yourself back then about others members. If I’m wrong about that feel free to correct me.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2018, 03:35:21 pm »

DCP is a friend, not just to me, but to this place,

I like DCP, we can talk baseball infinium.

You on the other hand........
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2018, 03:55:45 pm »
Trump's rabid fanbase is why Trump will get not a single hint of praise, or defense from the likes of me, even if I do agree with anything he says or does. 

Just let this sink in. 

Offline aligncare

« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2018, 04:08:38 pm »
I like DCP, we can talk baseball infinium.

You on the other hand........

I mostly try to add to these discussions by giving my full throated support to President Trump, support that I come by honestly. If I can avoid it, I usually don’t single out individual members here for criticism. I save my open fire for generic NeverTrumpers in the abstract.

If however someone here that self identifies as NeverTrump is insulted by my support of the president, that’s not on me. I will continue to give the president my unqualified support for as long as he continues to push a conservative pro life agenda.

Oceander

« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2018, 04:09:34 pm »
Hold on there. As I recall, a lot of nasty stuff was being thrown around during the primaries and beyond on both sides, and some of that nastiness continues to this day.

DCP is a friend, not just to me, but to this place, he doesn’t deserve that insult. And as I recall, you’ve said some intemperate things yourself back then about others members. If I’m wrong about that feel free to correct me.

DCP is not a friend to TBR.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2018, 04:41:34 pm »

I'm sure he meant it in a god way when he called new members "cockroaches".

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2018, 04:42:46 pm »

The hell I'm not.   I've got nothing BUT the best interests of the forum at heart.

Pay attention.   Virtually every member that was banned...and I don't mean 'suspended'...I predicted it would happen to their face. 

Coincidence?   No likely.  Having spent over a decade with people, you get to know where their bar is set.

Now all of a sudden I'm "..not a friend to TBR"?   Why?  Because I point out your shit stinks?    *****rollingeyes*****

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2018, 04:44:11 pm »
The hell I'm not.   I've got nothing BUT the best interests of the forum at heart.

Pay attention.   Virtually every member that was banned...and I don't mean 'suspended'...I predicted it would happen to their face. 

Coincidence?   No likely.  Having spent over a decade with people, you get to know where their bar is set.

Now all of a sudden I'm "..not a friend to TBR"?   Why?  Because I point out your shit stinks?    *****rollingeyes*****

I'm still here Jackson.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2018, 04:46:49 pm »

DCP isn't a bad guy but he IS a REALLY sore winner.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2018, 04:48:10 pm »
I'm sure he meant it in a god way when he called new members "cockroaches".

This post/poster provides purrfect context to my "cockroach" comment.   :patriot:

Your shtick is to be the 3rd man in, @RoosGirl !   

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2018, 04:48:46 pm »
DCP isn't a bad guy but he IS a REALLY sore winner.

Thanks, Earl.    Hope you've taken me off "ignore" again.    :laugh:   

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2018, 04:55:54 pm »
I'm still here Jackson.

I don't recall every saying you should be banned.  Why not have your buddy look it up for us?

All I recall saying is that you and "wingnut" were solely responsible for TBR taking on an R rating.   

I have a grudging respect for you, Frank.  Perhaps, it's because your style may mirror Pres. Trump's?   :laugh:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2018, 04:59:38 pm »
I don't recall every saying you should be banned.  Why not have your buddy look it up for us?

All I recall saying is that you and "wingnut" were solely responsible for TBR taking on an R rating.   

I have a grudging respect for you, Frank.  Perhaps, it's because your style may mirror Pres. Trump's?   :laugh:

You forget when I called you the lowest of lows and most disgusting thing anyone ever called anyone here.........a simpleton?