Author Topic: I wasn’t a Trump supporter. I am now.  (Read 6929 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: I wasn’t a Trump supporter. I am now.
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2018, 07:34:25 pm »
I think WTF is honest here. As I recall he/she did go back and forth for a short time there before the election, but did eventually settle on pulling the lever for Our Orange Overlord.  ^-^

Ty aligncare. Shame that dcpatriot is such a miserable hunan being that he has to attack me even when I might agree with him.

Oceander

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2018, 07:38:57 pm »
Ty aligncare. Shame that dcpatriot is such a miserable hunan being that he has to attack me even when I might agree with him.

QFT

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2018, 07:41:09 pm »
By Mollie Ziegler Hemingway January 19 at 7:56 PM

This may seem like an odd moment for saying so, but a year into the presidency of Donald Trump, I’m elated.

Trump was not my first or even second choice for president, but a full two years ago I predicted he would win. I also predicted he’d be a progressive president, which explained why I was not among his supporters and why I am so pleased now.

Expecting Progressive Trump was a reasonable assumption. Trump supported the 2009 stimulus, the auto bailouts and the bank bailouts. He’d recently left the Democratic Party and had raised a ton of money for the Clintons, Nancy Pelosi and Charles E. Schumer. He’d supported single-payer health coverage, tax increases and even Planned Parenthood.

more
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/i-wasnt-a-trump-supporter-i-am-now/2018/01/19/58abd43a-fca2-11e7-a46b-a3614530bd87_story.html?utm_term=.56b6de1a9c32

She gets it. Good! If more people in her position start to understand what is going on,Trump will have a lock on a second term despite the RNC trying to stab him in the back.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2018, 07:42:23 pm »
No card carrying Conservative would EVER support this Trojan Horse republican.

@catfish1957

Yeah,you just keep telling yourself that,bubba,

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2018, 07:43:08 pm »
I was a Trump supporter before I wasn't, and then I changed my mind again.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2018, 07:53:56 pm »
@DCPatriot Do you have a point about the article or are you just trying to start an argument again by insulting someone?

ROFL!   Get out of my face.   YOU!!  Of all people 'round here?   *****rollingeyes*****

What has always been considered 'normal' conversation...ie, challenging somebody else's post....now has to be called out??

The Title, by itself, will start arguments.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2018, 07:54:42 pm »
@RoosGirl

Looking for someone to spank?

She's so GD transparent.....takes all the fun out of it.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2018, 07:59:17 pm »

Link me to 12 of your recent posts since.....Thanksgiving 2017, where you give the slightest hint of praise for, or defense of, the POTUS.

Hell....even make it 2016.    *****rollingeyes*****
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 08:01:15 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline DB

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2018, 08:04:16 pm »
ROFL!   Get out of my face.   YOU!!  Of all people 'round here?   *****rollingeyes*****

What has always been considered 'normal' conversation...ie, challenging somebody else's post....now has to be called out??

The Title, by itself, will start arguments.

"You're so 'pure'.  Just like Ivory Soap, in that 99.4% of your posts mentioning/about Donald/President Trump are of the 'pure' NT variety.

The rest is nothing but a fantasy between your ears."

You call that "normal" challenging someone's post? Perhaps that is the place to start... Absolutely nothing to do with the thread. You mock, name call and call him empty headed all on one go - without a single word about the actual article or the position stated... Your response is 100% personal attack and nothing more. The irony is too much...

Offline DB

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2018, 08:07:39 pm »
I was a Trump supporter before I wasn't, and then I changed my mind again.

Frank, I thought that was supposed to be only a woman's prerogative... You got some "tendencies" going on there... You transing on us?

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2018, 08:25:46 pm »

posted by WTF:

I don’t think I’ll ever approve of trumps style but I certainly feel camaraderie when he’s viciously attacked and lied about.

And I did vote for him.
[/b]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"You're so 'pure'.  Just like Ivory Soap, in that 99.4% of your posts mentioning/about Donald/President Trump are of the 'pure' NT variety.

The rest is nothing but a fantasy between your ears."

You call that "normal" challenging someone's post? Perhaps that is the place to start... Absolutely nothing to do with the thread. You mock, name call and call him empty headed all on one go - without a single word about the actual article or the position stated... Your response is 100% personal attack and nothing more. The irony is too much...

Came to the thread....read the exerpt...started to read the comments and THAT...above jumped off the page.

If I had been drinking coffee, I'd have spit it up.   

Anybody who's been around here since July 2015 and December 2016 can tell just what he thinks of 'Candidate' Trump AND 'President-elect' Trump.   He attacked him relentlessly.

And 2017?   Not much different.

It was IMPOSSIBLE for me to pass that post without commenting as I did.   

Offline aligncare

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2018, 08:30:49 pm »
Link me to 12 of your recent posts since.....Thanksgiving 2017, where you give the slightest hint of praise for, or defense of, the POTUS.

Hell....even make it 2016.    *****rollingeyes*****

Well I only said he/she voted right; but beyond that I can’t vouch for his loyalty. So, WTF are you a loyal supporter? Did you take the loyalty oath AND renew it monthly, as required by Master? Hmm? Have you?

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2018, 08:40:41 pm »
Well I only said he/she voted right; but beyond that I can’t vouch for his loyalty. So, WTF are you a loyal supporter? Did you take the loyalty oath AND renew it monthly, as required by Master? Hmm? Have you?

Not looking for anybody to give a "loyalty oath".

I'm just not going to let somebody like that take a crap on the floor without sticking his nose in it.

After you had left for awhile, we got into each other's faces many times during the time leading up to the Election.

He has no credibility with me.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2018, 08:55:54 pm »
Not looking for anybody to give a "loyalty oath".

I'm just not going to let somebody like that take a crap on the floor without sticking his nose in it.

After you had left for awhile, we got into each other's faces many times during the time leading up to the Election.

He has no credibility with me.

Only in your bleep up little world is someone saying they feel camaraderie with someone that is being attacked and lied about "taking a crap on the floor".  You've made it abundantly clear that you have no use for any of us that might have something positive to say about Trump now if we didn't support him from the beginning.  We heard you, okay? We know your opinion of those types of people.  It's time to get over it and move on.  Everyone here is tired of the bullshit. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2018, 09:10:06 pm »
You've made it abundantly clear that you have no use for any of us that might have something positive to say about Trump now if we didn't support him from the beginning. We heard you, okay? We know your opinion of those types of people.

EXACTLY!

Quote from: DC Patriot May 24, 2017, 01:14:31 PM
The difference sir, is that I embrace the hatred I have for the likes of you and your ilk here on the forum.

I don't deny it.

You, OTOH, get your panties all twisted, because your "hatred" of Pres. Trump...AND his supporters...has been on full display here for all to see.

Trump's rabid fanbase is why Trump will get not a single hint of praise, or defense from the likes of me, even if I do agree with anything he says or does. 

As you noted, they have made it verboten to agree with Trump publicly unless we were rabid supporters from the beginning OR - we make groveling public confessions of our sinful error for not recognizing and acknowledging Trump's messianic and divine power and not having vociferously supported and voted for him BOTH in the primaries and the General.

Since I refuse to make such penance to the approval of Trump's fanatics, I refrain from making any kind of positive remarks about their leader.  I will only make sure I post the negative ones, since any agreement from us is unwanted and despised.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2018, 09:10:26 pm »
Only in your bleep up little world is someone saying they feel camaraderie with someone that is being attacked and lied about "taking a crap on the floor".  You've made it abundantly clear that you have no use for any of us that might have something positive to say about Trump now if we didn't support him from the beginning.  We heard you, okay? We know your opinion of those types of people.  It's time to get over it and move on.  Everyone here is tired of the bullshit.

While I certainly don't agree, I'm not going to engage you, @RoosGirl 

Have a pleasant afternoon. 

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2018, 09:12:31 pm »
EXACTLY!

Trump's rabid fanbase is why Trump will get not a single hint of praise, or defense from the likes of me, even if I do agree with anything he says or does. 

As you noted, they have made it verboten to agree with Trump publicly unless we were rabid supporters from the beginning OR - we make groveling public confessions of our sinful error for not recognizing and acknowledging Trump's messianic and divine power and not having vociferously supported and voted for him BOTH in the primaries and the General.

Since I refuse to make such penance to the approval of Trump's fanatics, I refrain from making any kind of positive remarks about their leader.  I will only make sure I post the negative ones, since any agreement from us is unwanted and despised.

Fascinating to see such an effect on you.

:laugh:
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 09:13:22 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2018, 09:15:51 pm »
Frank, I thought that was supposed to be only a woman's prerogative... You got some "tendencies" going on there... You transing on us?

I transed once years ago when I got called up by a hypnotist for his act. I was told he made me bark like a dog, but I have no recollection of that.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2018, 09:16:53 pm »
I, for one, have decided to simply embrace the suck (well, maybe just for today).

Anyway, for every action Trump takes that defy his critics, their criticisms lose credibility and the numbers of NeverTrumpers decline (Rule of Acquisition #123).

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2018, 09:29:11 pm »
Fascinating to see such an effect on you.

:laugh:
DC you have a lot of "free rent," in some members' heads !! Nice work.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2018, 10:14:29 pm »
EXACTLY!

@INVAR

Yeah,you just go ahead and keep telling yourself that's why you do what you do.

I'm betting you will "feel the bern" in 2020.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2018, 10:15:05 pm »
I don’t think I’ll ever approve of trumps style but I certainly feel camaraderie when he’s viciously attacked and lied about.

And I did vote for him.

Meh. His own vicious attacks counteract any camaraderie in me... Good for the goose... Just desserts.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2018, 10:28:20 pm »
@INVAR

Yeah,you just go ahead and keep telling yourself that's why you do what you do.

I'm betting you will "feel the bern" in 2020.

Is "keep telling yourself" the only 3 words in your vocabulary? :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2018, 10:31:58 pm »
Meh. His own vicious attacks counteract any camaraderie in me... Good for the goose... Just desserts.

Just dessert seems unhealthy to me. You really need to round out a diet.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2018, 10:51:13 pm »
Just dessert seems unhealthy to me. You really need to round out a diet.

Slow day, eh Frank?