Author Topic: LIVE THREAD: Schumer Government Shutdown  (Read 5498 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: LIVE THREAD: Schumer Government Shutdown
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2018, 05:49:03 pm »
Twitter and Facebook made a hard left turn after the inauguration of President Trump.  Well, Facebook, has always been liberal.  It is a great place to post family photos, but that is about it.

There is zero point in whining about Twitter or Facebook.  Both are now part of our culture and can be used for good or bad.

I wish Facebook was still more about family photos but it's become 75% political on my page and most of it is strictly conservative and pro-Trump.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2018, 05:54:09 pm »
This is Schumer saying the EXACT OPPOSITE of what he is saying today. It is like Schumer is taking the Republican position in 2013 in this bizzaro world interview. Democrats are experts at lying and duplicity. They have no shame or honor at all. Listen to this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuCuuYUQFXM
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2018, 05:55:26 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Have you seen this?

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,300247.msg1580140.html#msg1580140

No, I had not, it's encouraging.  I wonder what the NYT's game is here?   And can Schumer & Company turn this around with the Sunday shows?  They're going over and over with it on the Floor right now, I'm not sure what sort of Order is allowing that.  Are they continuing debate to break the filibuster?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2018, 05:58:48 pm »
No, I had not, it's encouraging.  I wonder what the NYT's game is here?   And can Schumer & Company turn this around with the Sunday shows?  They're going over and over with it on the Floor right now, I'm not sure what sort of Order is allowing that.  Are they continuing debate to break the filibuster?

I haven't paid any attention at all to what is going on there today but the link I posted for you made me say

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2018, 06:09:23 pm »
Schumer talking now..what a shithole...I bet Trump is getting madder and madder...he needs to call a presser too!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2018, 06:11:45 pm »
Schumer talking now..what a shithole...I bet Trump is getting madder and madder...he needs to call a presser too!

Schumer was talking when we left for a walk.  When we got back he was still talking, but he's shifted gears a little.  Now, he's saying that Trump keeps changing his mind.  They reach an agreement and then Trump moves the goal posts.

One thing is obvious.  He will never talk specifics and admit what is really holding this deal hostage.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2018, 06:17:47 pm »
Schumer was talking when we left for a walk.  When we got back he was still talking, but he's shifted gears a little.  Now, he's saying that Trump keeps changing his mind.  They reach an agreement and then Trump moves the goal posts.

One thing is obvious.  He will never talk specifics and admit what is really holding this deal hostage.

Until the ink dries, chuck, everything’s negotiable. You just finding that out? How long did you say you been a democrat?

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2018, 06:23:39 pm »

I saw that. He said, "I went to Trump on my knees crying, and I begged him Please! Please! don't do a shutdown Mr. President. I'll do anything! I'll give you anything you want! I'm begging you! Please don't shut down the government Mr. Trump! Whatever you want, we will do it!"

It was quite disgusting. Really pathetic. He could end the shutdown today, in an hour, if he wanted to. But somehow Trump did it? Really?

That is alternate reality stuff. And yet we all know the morons on the Left will swallow every word. What a crazy world. Wasn't it Schumer who said if you don't give us DACA, "WE" (<- meaning him) will shutdown the government? That's the way I remember it.

But NO! Trump did it, by not caving to the 'demands' of the Democrats. What does immigration have to do with the budget? Nothing of course. It was pure extortion. And Trump called their bluff.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2018, 06:36:18 pm »
One day I thought the Republicans were going along with 800,000 and limiting chain migration and establishing criteria for who we would admit based on merit.

Next thing it is 3.6 million, with chain migration intact, with Lindsey, Flake running amuck.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2018, 06:39:24 pm »
This Schumer Shutdown is a real drag so far. My mail was 10 minutes late today.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2018, 06:42:39 pm »
What does immigration have to do with the budget? Nothing of course. It was pure extortion.

Actually, it has plenty to do with the budget, if your negotiation strategy includes concessions on DACA in exchange for border wall funding guarantees.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2018, 06:48:10 pm »

BassWrangler

« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2018, 06:50:47 pm »

Dan Bongino has become my favorite person on twitter. His podcast is great too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2018, 06:51:21 pm »
One day I thought the Republicans were going along with 800,000 and limiting chain migration and establishing criteria for who we would admit based on merit.

Next thing it is 3.6 million, with chain migration intact, with Lindsey, Flake running amuck.

Those were the goalposts that were moving.  I had to laugh out loud when I heard Chuckie whining about "moving goalposts."  Yeah, they were moving alright.

Graham's just being the double-dealing Graham he's been since he was in the House, and Flake's just determined to fight Trump every step of the way as he serves out his lame-duck term.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

BassWrangler

« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2018, 06:53:55 pm »

Actually, it has plenty to do with the budget, if your negotiation strategy includes concessions on DACA in exchange for border wall funding guarantees.

But this budget does not include border wall funding. It is a “clean” budget with all of the concessions the Dems wanted excepting the DACA concession they threw in at the last minute. The only thing off-topic is the CHIP funding. Republicans tried to do clean CHIP funding bills twice last year (Nov and Dec), but Democrat douchenozzles in the Senate blocked both. So it is in this bill because several states are about to run out of CHIP money.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 06:55:06 pm by BassWrangler »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2018, 06:57:30 pm »
Had the senate proceedings on until Jeff Flake started running his mouth.  Had to turn it off.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2018, 07:01:32 pm »
I gagged a little when 'crying Schumer' referred to the dreamers as 'children'. This is a lie.

"I will never do anything to hurt these children."

These so called dreamers are all ages, not children. They are from infants to 65 or more. There is no age requirement, or any requirement at all really, to be classified by the Left as a 'dreamer'. Most of them are adults. And nobody knows when or how they crossed the boarder. They could be 50 and could have crossed the border yesterday (through no fault of their own, of course). Nobody knows and nobody cares.

DACA is a scam the Democrats are using to import their own voters. If most Americans don't want to vote for them, then they'll just import new voter population who will. Who needs Americans anyway when the Mexicans are so much more 'holy' than them? They all have jobs and go to Church every Sunday and work hard and pay double taxes to the government.. They're all in college or the military.

Illegals are just simply the best people in the world. They're much better than Americans!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2018, 07:04:25 pm »
This Schumer Shutdown is a real drag so far. My mail was 10 minutes late today.

Well, I got my mail on time, but it was all junk.  Can I blame that on the shutdown?  LOL

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2018, 07:05:21 pm »
But this budget does not include border wall funding. It is a “clean” budget with all of the concessions the Dems wanted excepting the DACA concession they threw in at the last minute. The only thing off-topic is the CHIP funding. Republicans tried to do clean CHIP funding bills twice last year (Nov and Dec), but Democrat douchenozzles in the Senate blocked both.

No, it didn't include border wall funding.  However, you had a candidate who campaigned on rescinding DACA immediately.  Instead, he did nothing until September, then extended it for 6 months and made it part of the negotiations in future legislation. 

This amnesty program has been around since July 2012.  If there had been any real interest in a Congressional fix, it would have been signed by Obama or presented to Trump by now. 

Allowing it to continue and opening the door to negotiations on it invited obvious trouble.  Why give them that option?  It's completely unnecessary.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 07:07:50 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2018, 07:05:22 pm »
I gagged a little when 'crying Schumer' referred to the dreamers as 'children'. This is a lie.

"I will never do anything to hurt these children."

These so called dreamers are all ages, not children. They are from infants to 65 or more. There is no age requirement, or any requirement at all really, to be classified by the Left as a 'dreamer'. Most of them are adults. And nobody knows when or how they crossed the boarder. They could be 50 and could have crossed the border yesterday (through no fault of their own, of course). Nobody knows and nobody cares.

DACA is a scam the Democrats are using to import their own voters. If most Americans don't want to vote for them, then they'll just import new voter population who will. Who needs Americans anyway when the Mexicans are so much more 'holy' than them? They all have jobs and go to Church every Sunday and work hard and pay double taxes to the government.. They're all in college or the military.

Illegals are just simply the best people in the world. They're much better than Americans!

Absolutely true.   100%

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2018, 07:12:28 pm »
What The Shutdown Tells Us About Modern Democrats
Minority, majority, process, or norms, it doesn’t really matter. Democrats believe they should always be in control.
By David Harsanyi   
January 19, 2018

Democrats, it seems, may precipitate a government shutdown this week. They’re able to do this because, despite their own best efforts, in the United States, the minority party has a genuine ability to participate in governing the nation. It’s one of our system’s authentic strengths.

Then again, this episode — and many others over the past nine years — reveal something else about the modern Democratic Party: Minority or majority, it doesn’t really matter to them. Process and norms? Largely irrelevant. Not only do they believe it’s undemocratic for elected Republicans to vote against a Democrat president’s agenda when in the minority they believe it’s undemocratic for Republicans to vote for a tax bill even after winning both houses of Congress and the presidency.   ...   More at The Federalist
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2018, 07:17:49 pm »

No, it didn't include border wall funding.  However, you had a candidate who campaigned on rescinding DACA immediately.  Instead, he did nothing until September, then extended it for 6 months and made it part of the negotiations in future legislation. 

This amnesty program has been around since July 2012.  If there had been any real interest in a Congressional fix, it would have been signed by Obama or presented to Trump by now. 

Allowing it to continue and opening the door to negotiations on it invited obvious trouble.  Why give them that option?  It's completely unnecessary.

Six months IS immediately in government speak.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2018, 07:25:23 pm »

Oceander

« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2018, 07:28:32 pm »
I dislike Trump intensely - you all know that - but I’m on his side on this fight and I will agree that this is the time for him to pull out his usual nastiness. 

Go Trump.