Author Topic: LIVE THREAD: Schumer Government Shutdown  (Read 5509 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: LIVE THREAD: Schumer Government Shutdown
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2018, 07:31:49 pm »

This amnesty program has been around since July 2012.  If there had been any real interest in a Congressional fix, it would have been signed by Obama or presented to Trump by now. 

This "amnesty program" as you call it, was deferred  deportation by Obama EO, since no way would the GOP majority congress approve it permanently. It WAS presented to Trump.

One day it was described as pertaining to 800,000 but it morphed to 3.6 million, and grew from only deferred deportation, to chain migration etc.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2018, 07:36:08 pm »
There is zero point in whining about Twitter or Facebook.  Both are now part of our culture and can be used for good or bad.

The poster to which you are responding has neither Bookface nor Twitter accounts...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2018, 07:38:37 pm »
I dislike Trump intensely - you all know that - but I’m on his side on this fight and I will agree that this is the time for him to pull out his usual nastiness. 

Go Trump.

Wow!!  Where is that hell freezes over picture when we need it?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Oceander

« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2018, 07:39:42 pm »
Wow!!  Where is that hell freezes over picture when we need it?

:thumbsup:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2018, 07:41:01 pm »
The poster to which you are responding has neither Bookface nor Twitter accounts...

So ... I don't know the guy or anything about his internet use.  I'm just stating a fact.  I don't use Twitter myself and only see tweets if they are posted elsewhere.

So, your point is ????

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2018, 07:42:39 pm »
So ... I don't know the guy or anything about his internet use.  I'm just stating a fact.  I don't use Twitter myself and only see tweets if they are posted elsewhere.

So, your point is ????

I guess I didn't have one.  You were the one who called somebody a "whiner."  It could be I read your post incorrectly.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2018, 07:50:13 pm »
There is zero point in whining about Twitter or Facebook.  Both are now part of our culture and can be used for good or bad.

I wish Facebook was still more about family photos but it's become 75% political on my page and most of it is strictly conservative and pro-Trump.

Don't want to derail the OT, but...

My Commie lady friend says she never sees anything "conservative and pro-Trump" on her timeline....while mine is more like yours.

They've got the algorithm going where they 'protect' your preferred ideology based upon all your posts, etc..

...which of course, hinders access to TRUTH about Pres. Trump's REAL numbers.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2018, 07:54:54 pm »

My Commie lady friend says she never sees anything "conservative and pro-Trump" on her timeline....while mine is more like yours.

There's no question in my mind about that.  I also imagine "Ignore this Post..." clicks factor in pretty heavily, too.  That's why I never do that.  I do have commie friends I don't follow because their walls are never-ending flows of misleading Occupy Democrats' fake memes, so maybe that's it.
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2018, 07:56:29 pm »
I've stocked up on water and MRE's.  I may be able to survive.

888high58888
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2018, 08:00:40 pm »

They've got the algorithm going where they 'protect' your preferred ideology based upon all your posts, etc..

I think you are saying they "curate your feed?" Something along those lines?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2018, 08:08:48 pm »

« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2018, 08:09:43 pm »
Dan Bongino has become my favorite person on twitter. His podcast is great too.

:thumbsup:

« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2018, 08:15:12 pm »
Sarah Sanders‏Verified account
@PressSec 

I received this from a young infantryman serving in Afghanistan this morning. Sad that the men and women who have sacrificed so much are deprived of even the most basic connection to home bc Democrats are playing political games. #SchumerShutdown

9:35 AM - 20 Jan 2018

https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/954769370655453186?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2018, 08:33:41 pm »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2018, 08:38:56 pm »
This "amnesty program" as you call it, was deferred  deportation by Obama EO, since no way would the GOP majority congress approve it permanently. It WAS presented to Trump.

One day it was described as pertaining to 800,000 but it morphed to 3.6 million, and grew from only deferred deportation, to chain migration etc.

It's not 'as I call it.'  Regardless of circumstances, they're here illegally.  The program allows for a permit to stay and review as to whether you'll eventually leave or be allowed to remain, have a path to citizenship, and jump the line ahead of other legal applicants.  Amnesty is the forgiveness of past legal transgressions.  You can't honestly say it's anything else, whether it's applied to 800K or 3.6M.

Of course it's grown to chain migration.  We've seen this before when it was called the Family Fairness Program in 1987.  A really bad idea then has become an absolutely terrible one now.  Admittedly, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals has a much better sound and flow than the You Won't Be Deported Until We Figure Out How To Make You Citizens, Then We Won't Deport You Act.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2018, 10:00:48 pm »
Dan Bongino has become my favorite person on twitter. His podcast is great too.

Yes, Bongino is very good.

BassWrangler

« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2018, 10:25:06 pm »
Yes, Bongino is very good.

Also this guy, Andrew Klavan, who I am amazed I had never heard if before a week ago.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2018, 10:49:45 pm »
Also this guy, Andrew Klavan, who I am amazed I had never heard if before a week ago.

Really?  I love Klavan!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2018, 11:03:23 pm »

I'm glad my page is not infested with commie pinks, but I'm not sure Facebook is manipulating.  I think my page is more pro-conservative because of who my friends are and what they choose to post.

It's so easy now because almost every news story or column has a 'post to Facebook' app at the top and it is just easy to do it.

Right now I'm in a big fight with my former priest who was urging everyone to march today.  When I challenged him about why he didn't march yesterday, he said he was going along with the Episcopal Church's position on abortion.

BassWrangler

« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2018, 11:04:08 pm »
Really?  I love Klavan!

Yes, I saw him on Tucker Carlson’s show, and spotted the kind of mental clarity that I like to see.

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2018, 11:09:27 pm »
#ReleaseTheMemo
They are not doing anything else...

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2018, 11:09:50 pm »
I'm glad my page is not infested with commie pinks, but I'm not sure Facebook is manipulating.  I think my page is more pro-conservative because of who my friends are and what they choose to post.

It's so easy now because almost every news story or column has a 'post to Facebook' app at the top and it is just easy to do it.

Right now I'm in a big fight with my former priest who was urging everyone to march today.  When I challenged him about why he didn't march yesterday, he said he was going along with the Episcopal Church's position on abortion.

@Emjay, yes, that is how FB does it, and it is a real concern.  Standard issue millennials, for instance, are never exposed to anything that doesn't fit within their currently existing profile.  Their views, such as they are, are never challenged or expanded. There are a number of good articles out about how FB does it. 
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 11:10:07 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2018, 11:23:44 pm »
@Emjay, yes, that is how FB does it, and it is a real concern.  Standard issue millennials, for instance, are never exposed to anything that doesn't fit within their currently existing profile.  Their views, such as they are, are never challenged or expanded. There are a number of good articles out about how FB does it.

You may well be right, but I'm more inclined to go with my theory.  It's because of who my friends are.

Non-friends cannot post on your page if you don't allow it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2018, 11:31:42 pm »
You may well be right, but I'm more inclined to go with my theory.  It's because of who my friends are.

Girlfriend, I think you just proved my point.   :laugh:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2018, 11:34:03 pm »

Just about everything I see on Bookface is stuff posted by friends, and they're mostly like you.  I've unfollowed the pinkos.  I don't post much myself, and I have my home page locked down, as you suggest.
I will NOT comply.