Author Topic: LIVE THREAD: Schumer Government Shutdown  (Read 5508 times)

BassWrangler

Re: LIVE THREAD: Schumer Government Shutdown
« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2018, 11:50:56 pm »
You may well be right, but I'm more inclined to go with my theory.  It's because of who my friends are.

Non-friends cannot post on your page if you don't allow it.

I don’t think it is just that. I have a few big libs on my FB friends list, and over time I saw less and less of their posts. But I don’t think it is anything nefarious - probably just FB algorithms factoring in which friends’ posts I respond to and which ones I don’t.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #101 on: January 21, 2018, 12:28:56 am »
I don’t think it is just that. I have a few big libs on my FB friends list, and over time I saw less and less of their posts. But I don’t think it is anything nefarious - probably just FB algorithms factoring in which friends’ posts I respond to and which ones I don’t.

It's not that tough on them.  If you don't click on the stories or pics, or don't comment or "like," they eventually don't ping you.  Nothing nefarious about that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2018, 12:35:28 am »
   What doesn't surprise me at all is that @Emjay argues with her Episcopalian Priest, ONLINE.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

BassWrangler

« Reply #103 on: January 21, 2018, 12:46:34 am »
It's not that tough on them.  If you don't click on the stories or pics, or don't comment or "like," they eventually don't ping you.  Nothing nefarious about that.

Yes, exactly what I was thinking as well.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2018, 01:03:53 am »
Former Clinton Chief Strategist Mark Penn says:

We all know this is just a political stunt. We all know we will get our government back. If you have to wait for your paycheck so what? All those paychecks will be made up anyway.

Obviously this is a guy who have never lived hand to mouth, paycheck to paycheck. Even a week delay will cause some people and children to go hungry. If they do this thing for real, for a couple of months or so, that will be devastating for a lot of people. Losing your paycheck is no joke for most people, even if they will be 'caught up' eventually. Rent and food and electricity is not a joke.

@240B

This is particularly true of many under 40 married couples who are upside down on their home loans. Most are living right on the edge of disaster anyhow,so missing a couple of paychecks for them is a VERY big deal.

The only ones that might be safe are the ones with government jobs and credit unions associated with the branch of government they work for. Those credit unions understand what is going on and they know they will get their money,so they don't start the long and expensive (for the homeowner) foreclosure process. Most bank managers can't let a loan just float for several months with no payments and not lose his job.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 01:06:44 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #105 on: January 21, 2018, 01:09:56 am »
VA Secretary Shulkin says veterans benefits will not be affected. The VA has a preapproved allocation that is already in their purse. Enough to last for two years.

@240B

Since I am rated as being a 70 percent service-related disabed vet,THAT's really good news to hear! My house is paid for so there was no danger of me going homeless,but it's nice to know I can make my other payments.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #106 on: January 21, 2018, 01:19:29 am »
@240B

Since I am rated as being a 70 percent service-related disabed vet,THAT's really good news to hear! My house is paid for so there was no danger of me going homeless,but it's nice to know I can make my other payments.
@sneakypete

The problem with that is twofold.
Did I hear him correctly. I think I did.
Also, is there going two be some issue that makes it not happen.

I am skeptical by nature.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2018, 01:22:08 am »
Retired pay?....I bet the same as active duty

@mystery-ak

I may be wrong,but I strongly suspect active and retired payments come from different sources and budgets.

You can bet the people on AD are going to get paid according to the normal schecule. You can PROBABLY bet the retired will also get paid according to their normal schedule also,but I had to add the word "probably".

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #108 on: January 21, 2018, 01:54:36 am »
@mystery-ak

I may be wrong,but I strongly suspect active and retired payments come from different sources and budgets.

You can bet the people on AD are going to get paid according to the normal schecule. You can PROBABLY bet the retired will also get paid according to their normal schedule also,but I had to add the word "probably".

Thanks...our check is supposed to be the 1st..I guess we will see
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

BassWrangler

« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2018, 01:56:19 am »
Thanks...our check is supposed to be the 1st..I guess we will see

It really chaps my arse that they are putting people through this. I think this is really going to backfire on the Dems.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2018, 02:01:25 am »
@sneakypete

The problem with that is twofold.
Did I hear him correctly. I think I did.
Also, is there going two be some issue that makes it not happen.

I am skeptical by nature.

@240B

I don't understand your response.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2018, 02:06:23 am »
It really chaps my arse that they are putting people through this. I think this is really going to backfire on the Dems.

We're only in day one.  The last one lasted 16 days and they may not want this to be an issue for Trump during the SOTU.  Who knows?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #112 on: January 21, 2018, 02:10:58 am »

@BassWrangler

I hope so too,but I'm pessimistic because it never has before.

Of course each time before we didn't have a president that would stand up on his hind feet,point at them,and say "Blame THEM!". We had weasels like Boy Jorge.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #113 on: January 21, 2018, 02:16:27 am »
   What doesn't surprise me at all is that @Emjay argues with her Episcopalian Priest, ONLINE.

Hmmmmm.  Well, I argue with both my ex-Priests because they are both liberals.

I don't argue with them unless they post something liberal or about politics.  They are both nice guys.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline corbe

« Reply #114 on: January 21, 2018, 02:22:54 am »
Hmmmmm.  Well, I argue with both my ex-Priests because they are both liberals.

I don't argue with them unless they post something liberal or about politics.  They are both nice guys.

@Emjay my BIL is a Lutheran Minister (the gay sect) and my whole family is Lutheran (the other sect) it makes for Love at every family gathering, even though my BIL can't take communion in the other's Church.  I draw the line at arguing Religion, Politics is good, though.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #115 on: January 21, 2018, 02:28:14 am »
It's what Schmukie is trying to hide with the shutdown.

Bingo RIV.

BassWrangler

« Reply #116 on: January 21, 2018, 02:32:10 am »
@BassWrangler

Of course each time before we didn't have a president that would stand up on his hind feet,point at them,and say "Blame THEM!". We had weasels like Boy Jorge.

They are certainly trying to spin it as the Republicans’ fault, but I think it is just too much to spin, and other than the mindless Dem base, I think people will see through it.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 02:33:05 am by BassWrangler »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #117 on: January 21, 2018, 02:50:28 am »
@240B

I don't understand your response.

@sneakypete

Nevermind. Let not your heart be troubled. VA disability payments are funded in an account which is not related to the shutdown and will be paid no matter shutdown or not.

I meant exactly what I said. I have an overly skeptical and cautious nature. Sometimes too much.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 02:51:23 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #118 on: January 21, 2018, 04:31:10 am »
   @Emjay my BIL is a Lutheran Minister (the gay sect) and my whole family is Lutheran (the other sect) it makes for Love at every family gathering, even though my BIL can't take communion in the other's Church.  I draw the line at arguing Religion, Politics is good, though.
[/quote

Hey, I don't argue politics or religion with anybody in family gatherings.  Although, I have to say, religion might be a safer subject, oddly enough.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #119 on: January 21, 2018, 04:42:18 am »
@BassWrangler

Boy did we Ever!

Style over substance.

Projecting a 'Presidential' Demeanor.

Elevating the Optics of the Office over the Responsibility of Getting The Damn Job Done!
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline aligncare

« Reply #120 on: January 21, 2018, 07:20:56 am »
Boy did we Ever!

Style over substance.

Projecting a 'Presidential' Demeanor.

Elevating the Optics of the Office over the Responsibility of Getting The Damn Job Done!

I’d bet good money that when a WH staffer said to Trump, “But Mr. President, playing golf during a government shutdown is considered bad optics,” Trump laughed out loud.  :silly:

What’s “bad optics” when the democrats already compares you to Hitler?